𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

she blinked her eyes a few times, adjusting her eyes to the light when she woke up. she felt her hand being gripped and she glanced over to see her sister asleep in the hospital chair next to her. she went to move her head to the side to see who was holding her other hand, but groaned as the pain in her head bursted and she groaned quietly, closing her eyes at the pain. She felt movement and when she reopened her eyes, she saw a worried jj standing next to her.

"hey." he said quietly so he didn't hurt her head with any loud noises.

"hi.' she croaked out, "my head hurts."

jj let out a small laugh, "yeah, you have a concussion." he told her.

"im sorry." claire said to him.

"what for?" he asked.

"the fight at john b's." she said and jj sighed.

"me too. i shouldn't have reacted like that." he said and claire furrows her brows.

"you were worried and upset that i didn't tell you. like a normal person, its fine." she said and he smiled at her.

"im glad you're okay, your car is completely totaled. the other person is fine, just letting you know. you got it worst." he said and she felt a little happy that the other driver was okay.

"wheezie's here, if you wanna see her. she was scared." jj said.

"can you tell her to come in?' she asked.

jj nodded and exited the room and a few seconds later wheezie opened the door, followed by rose.

"claire." wheezie said and ran to the girl's bed. she hugged the blonde and claire held the smaller girl tightly.

"i was so worried." wheezie said as she pulled away.

"im okay." claire assured the brunette and her eyes flickered to rose.

"hi claire, you feeling better?" rose asked. claire just nodded. by now, sarah had woke up and was standing next to wheezie.

"the doctor is uh, coming." rose said and guided wheezie to follow her out, she waited for jj and sarah but they stayed. sighing, rose closed the door behind her.

"is everything okay?" sarah asked her sister and claire nodded. the door opened and the same doctor that helped her when she broke her hand, came in.

"claire cameron, nice to see you again." he says, "first a broken hand, gunshot wound, and now another car accident. all in the past month." she glances down nervously.

"now i'd like the know the reasoning for all these accidents." he told her.

"um, my broken hand was caused by punching my brother in the face, my gunshot wound was.." she trailed of and glanced to jj. he nodded and she continued, "was caused by a drunk, messed up guy that approached me and my friends. the car accident was because i was speeding, and i couldn't see because it was dark and i was crying. i didn't see the car coming towards me because they didn't have their headlights on." she told 2 truths and a lie.

"i want to know are you, and why you are protecting who really shot you. im smarter than the nurse that your friends lied to." he said and claire opened her mouth to speak jj beat her to it.

"can we just get her out of here?" jj asks.

"yeah, you're free to go. your mother already signed everything." the doctor says.

"step-mother." sarah mumbles and helps jj with getting claire up.

after sarah helped claire change into some fresh clothes, kie came and picked them up from the hospital so that the girls didn't have to ride with rose. jj rode his motorcycle back to the chateau while kie brought sarah back to her house before bringing claire with to the chateau. as soon as john b received the call about claire's accident, he immediately blamed himself. he was the one that made her leave, and drive in a horrible mental state.