𝐨𝐧𝐞

the weather in the outer banks was currently 98° F. it was the 4th week of summer break for the students living in kildare county. however, 6 teens could never guess what would happen this summer.

"claire, have you seen rafe? he needs to give me my charger back." wheezie busted into the girls room.

"rafe went to the golf course with topper like an hour ago." claire informed the brunette, popping a grape into her mouth as she listened to music.

"can i borrow yours?" wheezie asked her sister.

"here." she tossed a white cord to wheezie.

"thank you, thank you!" wheezie smiled and hugged her sister. claire made a face as her sister squeezed her tightly.

"get out." she groaned and pushed her little sister off of her.

"you're the best." wheezie said before shutting her sisters door.

"you can come out now." claire told her boyfriend who was currently under her tall bed.

"you're the best!" he mocked the girl that had just been in the room as he crawled out. claire rolled her eyes at her boyfriends antics.

"shut up, matt." she laughed as he sat next to her.

"what are you listening to now?" he asked the girl who had her airpods in.

"king of my heart, by taylor swift." claire said and pulled an airpod from her ear out and placed it into matt's ear.

"that's a good song." matt hummed as he watched his girlfriend sketch in her notebook, she was currently re-drawing taylor swift's, speak now (taylor's version) album cover.

"does this look okay?" she asks as she hold up her base sketch.

"it looks amazing." matt stares at her in amazement.

"thanks." claire blushed and turned back around.

matt grabbed her cheek, turning her head to face him again and smashed his lips onto hers, she returned the kiss and soon they were in a heated make out. just as he started to lift her shirt, someone knocked on the bedroom door.

"yes?" claire yelled as she broke the kiss.

"i swear, you guys better not be making children in here." sarah says as she opens the bedroom door.

"don't worry, we're keeping it pg." matt lied.

sarah gave the two a knowing look before grabbing her sisters hand, "i am going to be stealing my sister from you because we need to do something." sarah says and pulls claire off the bed.

"but he just got here." claire pouted.

"it's not like you guys will never see eachother again." sarah rolls her eyes and drags her sister out of the bedroom.

"the hurricane could kill me!" matt yelled from the room and claire pointed back.

"who said that would be a bad thing?" sarah yelled out and claire gave her sister a look, "we need to go to the beach before the hurricane hits. and today is perfect weather." sarah says, dragging claire down the stairs and outside to claire's black jeep.

"i dont have the keys." claire checks her pockets.

"here." sarah holds up the wrangler keys and tosses them to the other blonde. claire catches them and hops into the car, sarah jumps into the passenger seat.

"let's ride." sarah smiles and rolls her window down.

the twins listen to music all the way to the beach and when they get there, they hop out and grab their towels. they find a spot where nobody is at except for a few surfers, but they're in the water surfing so it didn't really matter.