𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

"I'm sorry. You're staying where?" kie asked as she gave everyone a water.

"Tannyhill." john b repeated.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron." kie stated.

"and me." claire muttered, playing with the hem of jj's shirt that was way too big on her.

"Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because your dad bailed me out, right?" john b pointed to claire who shrugged, "and it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't.." john b was cut off when pope tried to change the subject.

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?"

"I don't know, Pope." john b sighed.

"What about those golf carts they drive around? You get one of them?" jj asked.

"we have a pink one still from when sarah and i were little, we can name it johnny b." claire said making pope and jj laugh.

"Does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to buy one on your own?" pope asked.

"Look, you promised." kie went back to the original subject. "You said you weren't with her."

"Bro, just own it. She got you." jj said, resting a hand on claire's shoulder.

"Look, if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you know now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah." kie said.

"actually, i agree with kie. if im involved, why does sarah need to be involved? i can get you the same stuff sarah can." claire said.

"exactly." kie motioned to the other girl.

"Do you guys see her here? No, right. Okay. a little focus would be fantastic. We've got the map, right?" john b said, taking the subject off of his relationship.

"It's out of whack 'cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it." jj said, claire looked at him weirdly.

"It's 'cause the coast has changed." she said and he mumbled an 'oh.'

"So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed." pope concluded.

"What about the old forts?" kie suggested.

"Battery Jasper." claire said.

"hey, welcome to the cast squad." claire said patting john b's back. the boy laughed and ruffled claire's hair.

--

"We're in Battery, right here." pope said.

claire was sitting in the van still, playing with whatever she could find, which at this point was a mousetrap.

"So if this is parcel nine, then it's somewhere northeast of here." pope motioned.

"Somehwere there." kie moved his hand.

"Right."

"Over there? Guy's, that's not Tannyhill, that's a subdivision." jj said, glancing at claire who was in the van, trying to look for more things to play around with.

"Tannyhill Plantation was the entire island. It got sold into smaller pieces over time." john b informed the group as he tossed an extra bandana to claire who thanked him.

"So we're just looking for an old stone wall." pope said as they drove down the street.

claire was still playing with the mouse trap.

"you're gonna set that shit off." jj told her, and right as he said that it clamped onto the bandana that she was holding, causing her to jump.

"aah." she said, scrambling away from the object.