𝐭𝐰𝐨

when claire got home, her eyes were burning from the crying earlier. her eyes were still red and she knew that as soon as she stepped foot into her house she'd be questioned. she walked towards the glass doors and opened them slowly, she heard talking from the kitchen.

"they said they found the boy that saved her." she heard her dad.

"w-what?" rafe asked.

"they found him." ward repeats.

"dad." claire spoke up, announcing her presence.

the boys in the kitchen looked to her and watched as tears formed in her eyes.

"someone saved me?" she asked.

"at the accident there was a boy who got you out of your car. he waited with you until the ambulance came but he left before anyone else saw his face." ward informed his daughter. rafe watched as his sisters lips started to tremble.

"how did i survive?" she asked in tears. ward grabbed his daughter and held her as she cried.

"i mean- my car was completely smashed. it was like so.." she trailed off as she continued to sob.

"i know." he whispered, "im just so glad you're okay." he told her.

"i shouldn't be here." claire cried.

"claire don't say that." rafe said with his own tears in his eyes as he walked towards his sister.

"what? it's true! the other guys dead! that should've been me!" she said as he grabbed her shoulders. at this point tears were running down all three of their faces.

"claire, he was drunk. he was doing illegal shit, and then he sped through that red light and hit you. yeah, you should've died. but you didn't. and i don't know how that's possible, because your car was absolutely totaled. but you survived. you're here for a reason okay? me, sarah, wheeze, nobody, here could live without you okay?" rafe shook her shoulders.

--

"matt!" claire laughed as her boyfriend chased her around the house.

"you're dead." he laughed. claire had been making pancakes when matt came to the house, she had put a swipe of batter on his nose and now they were chasing eachother with pancake batter on their fingers.

"come on pretty boy, catch me." claire joked as she ran around the kitchen island. he caught up to her and cornered her against the counter. his arms were on each side of her body and their faces were inches apart, claire made the first move by leaning in and kissing him. he kissed back and soon it got pretty heated. his tongue slid into her mouth as he wrapped his arms around her waist. her hands were in his hair as they slowly made their way up to claire's room.

once they got into her room, he pinned her against the door and her hands found their way to the hem of his shirt. they broke apart for breath and so that matt could take off his shirt and then their lips were back together. her fingers glided across his toned abs, while matt's fingers went to her tank top. he pulled the shirt over her head, leaving her in just her fleece shorts and a sports bra. he moved over to claire's bed and laid her down on it, he moved over her and began kissing down her neck and to her collarbone. she let out soft moans which made matt smile. her hands trailed down to his shorts, and everyone knows how the rest goes.

after what happened that morning, claire quickly re-composed herself and rebrushed her hair, fixed her mascara, and walked downstairs. luckily, nobody was home so it was just her. matt had left for work about 10 minutes ago.

claire decided it was best for her to go into town. she contemplated it until deciding not to. with her luck, something bad would happen. she sat on her phone for a few hours until rafe and topper showed up.