53

a/n: Bit of a long chapter for y'all, but enjoy! Promise Winter Soldier will start soon. As always let me know what you think, and feel free to comment and vote

Today is Wednesday, meaning I have a couple of days before my undercover mission. So I need to get myself back in agent mentality before then. But first I need to check in with someone.

"Badge?" A voice calls walking past me, I laugh, making him stop and turn to me.

"Ms Hill" Happy greets. I smile walking toward him, "Hey Happy, I don't have my badge on me, .... but I give you my word I won't kill him?" I say lightly. He nods his head, "I am holding you to that, please follow me" he says, I smile softly as I follow him through the tower lobby and toward the Elevator.

"Tony and Bruce are in the Lab, located on level 75, ask JARVIS if you need any assistance" he says before waving goodbye and returning to yelling at workers for badges and slacking on the job. The elevator slides closed and starts travelling upwards, I shift on my feet not necessarily nervous but unsure what to do in the complete silence.

"JARVIS?" I ask as if asking for his attention "Hello Ms Hill, How are you this morning?" he asks "I am good thanks, do you mind playing some music please?" I ask, I am then greeted with classic elevator music that makes me chuckle. "Does that suffice?" He asks, with a underlying amusement in his tone, which makes me roll my eyes playfully "Yes thank you JARVIS"

Level 35... 40.... I stare at the numbers as they slowly increase. Feeling my mind numb at the boring task I take out my phone and by taking it off silent I check my notifications

1 new message from Jacob, 8:30a.

Y/n I need your help

1 new message from Jacob, 8:35am

I know you hate me, for good reasoning but please its important 

1 new message from Jacob, 9:30am

Call me when you are free

Seeing the last message only came 20 minutes ago, I think about what could be important or damming to him. I hesitate replying to him, then escape the app as I hear the music dying down. "Ms Hill, would you like me to announce your arrival to Mr Banner And Mr Stark?" JARVIS interrupts as if sensing my dire need for a distraction. "Um no its alright thank you JARVIS"

Level 60.... 61.... 62. Turning my phone off I shrug off my newly formed nerves and focus on the quiet hum of the music. 69... 70...71...72. The music comes to a stop as we reach the floor and the doors open with a ding, the cliche of the motion putting me at ease.

Stepping foot out of the elevator I am greeted by the sound of clattering and bickering. "JARVIS run test on the schematics for Veronica" I hear Tony mutter before writing something down.

Walking into the room I let out a whistle "Veronica? Whose the lucky Lady?" I ask, Bruce jumps startled before turning and realising its me. Tony smirks leaning on his bench, propping the pencil behind his ear. "Jealousy doesn't look too good on you Hill" he mocks. I laugh walking up to the two men raising my hands at Bruce who still looks slightly uncomfortable. "Sorry Bruce, I didn't mean to startle you" I apologise, he smiles hesitantly "Long time no see" He says.

"Yeah you've been dodging my calls, whats that about" Tony asks. I roll my eyes patting his shoulder as I walk past him and look at the screens, more specifically the project they are working on. "No need to be disheartened, I was dodging everyones calls not just yours"