47

a/n: THANK YOU, we reached 3k views and I am so grateful for you all!  Anyway Happy reading :)

The rumble of the Jet landing at HQ woke me up, I groggily rose my hand to wipe my eyes, the action proving to be slow and sluggish and causing me to part my lips in recognising the pain lifting my arms causes. Looking around I remember where I am and what happened, subtly cursing at myself for falling asleep. However I notice I am changed out of my uncomfortable Asgardian armour and dressed in a pair of sweats and a sweater. I go to get out of bed not alarmed at the change in attire, but my depletion in energy, preventing me from getting out of bed.

"Yes Romaoff we landed, now tame your fiery locks and hassle someone else" I hear Tony gruff pushing the door open with his back as he balances a tray of food and medical supplies, he shuffles in, phone wedged between his shoulder and ear. Sending me a wink as he notices me staring at him.

"Yep, yuh huh listen I got to go, bub bye" He says placing the tray down on the table beside me and throwing the phone on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, concerned and genuine. I lean my head against the bed head and sigh.

"I am fine, but hey news on Thor? Is the world ending?" I ask, feeling guilty for leaving Thor to handle Malekith alone. Tony stares at me, pondering, until he turns on the tv and plays the footage of the attack. And how Thor saved the day. I sink back relieved, holding a hand to my hip as my hip sends a ricochet  of pain through my body as I am moving around.

"Right... the anaesthesia should be wearing off which is why you are experiencing the pain, but we have landed at HQ and I you have quite the welcome party, awaiting you" Tony says passing me a glass of water, I take it gratefully and mutter a thanks while I take a sip of the liquid.

"Wait- you drugged me?" I say after putting the drink down, he laughs shaking his head.

"No you passed out when you touched the bed, I just used the IV drip beside you to administer a small dose" He says, nodding his head to my other side of the bed, where I notice a discarded IV Drip with a tube dangling on the floor. I nod sheepishly, Hearing the Jet come to a complete stop I look to Tony awkwardly.

"Well I assume you also changed my clothes?" I ask he shakes his head

"Don't flatter yourself Hill, we are not alone on this Jet" He says before a young Blonde flight attendent walks in, her uniform ruffled and her top button done up incorrectly. I instantly feel my face heat up at the innuendo.

"Um Mr Stark, We have landed did you require any more help?" The girl asks not noticing I am awake. Tony ignores her and hands me a bowl of fruit, I shake my head and politely decline the offer before looking up at the girl who just clocked that I am awake.

"Oh Ms Hill, How are you feeling?" She asks, face blushing red. I chuckle pulling the blanket away from me. "Quite Dandy, but could you just give me a hand in getting up?" I ask, Tony goes to interject but I glare nodding my head for him to leave, he rolls his eyes and leaves the room. The young lady comes to my aid and helps me up slowly, I breath heavily, panting almost as my leg throbs and hip stings.

"Would you like me to help you down?" She asks I shake my head noticing a pair of crutches by the door, She notices and passes them to me with a raised brow. "Are you sure, you really shouldn't be putting too much pressure on you leg" she says, I hum

"I am fine, plus my leg is stitched up, quite poorly but still its functional" I say earning a dumbfounded expression to morph onto her face, I then look at her name badge and sigh turning to her before I leave the room.

"Samantha, can I call you Sam?" She nods I rest my crutches in my armpits as I readjust her blouse and button it up correctly and fix her hair, her face blushes profusely at the action taking over when I lean back and place my hands back on my crutches, nudging the door with my foot I limp out of the door and toward the ramp, calling behind me "Have a nice day Sam" I say before being joined by a smirking Tony.