34

I hear the whirring of wind, blasting of guns and ironman suits. I would smile at the familiar sound of Tony's suit, but you see I am still tied up and I doubt he even knows I am here.

'Yes Sir' I hear Jarvis's voice echo around the place. I dart my eyes looking around the room confused, but then I hear the sounds of multiple suits and chuckle.

"Stark you son of a bitch" I hear the door slam open and Killian and Pepper walk in. Pepper frantically is tying her hands up, trying to get herself into position to portray the girlfriend who needs saving. Whilst Killian shuts the door and storms over to me. I watch helplessly as he injects me with 2 more needles of extremis. Making me cry in pain, although the feeling as became almost familiar and normal. The injection of 2 doses makes me go dizzy, as my last injection was barely 10 minutes ago. My head falls, eyes becoming heavy as my vision is speckled with black dots. The pain unbearable as the liquid floods my veins, strengthening and adding to the code in my blood.

"Killian!" Pepper calls running to me, placing one hand on my forehead, the other on my neck using her trembling hands she checks my pulse and sighs.

"Are you out of your mind 2 doses!?! You could have killed her!" She yells, if I had any energy or ability to contort my face into an expression. I would be surprise at her sudden change of attitude

"Pep Tony is here and I need her to be perfect so that everyone perceives her as dangerous" Killian says before moving to me.

"hi" he pipes. I move my head backwards to lean against the wall, and slowly open my eyes, my eyelids heavy and my eyes frantically search to focus on one thing at a time.

"hes.....goin-g...to....kill you" I say voice whispering as I feel my throat closing. Pepper notices and glares at Killian. Killian chuckles and grabs a small blade from his pocket and pulls my arm from my side and makes a small cut on my finger. I wince at the sudden pinch but I feel my energy restoring as the Extremis's restoration/healing factor quickly heals the cut and then gets my blood circulating, evening out the serum, opening my airways and granting me energy.

Killian looks to Pepper smugly. An explosion erupts forcing the pair to tumble, as the building's ceiling cracks. I am tilted forward, still being held up by shackles and ropes.

Another explosion goes off this time sending the wall next to me flying into my side and falling on top of me. Killian and Pepper get lost in the rubble as I feel my body burn up repairing my ribs and arms from the damage.

If I could just burn this off stupid restraints off of me, I thought. I had never tried to deliberately to make my hand burn as I was always either monitored by guards or in incredible pain.

Mixed in with my grunts and annoyance the sounds of yelling and fighting continues to sound around me, making my adrenaline pump and anger rise. I grip onto my restraints holding my arms down and focus on the palms of my hands wanting to make them burn. Allowing the fire to brew inside of my body and exit through the external layers of my skin.

"Bloody Hell" I grunt as my hands emit a low glow, but leading to my hands my veins in my arms all glow showing the serum is directed to my hands. I grit my teeth and press my palms firmly onto the material. Instantly welcoming the smell of burning.

Whilst this is happening I hear the familiar sound of metal footsteps enter the room. With my hands proving a small amount of light I see Pepper trapped under debris opposite me, she looks at me and sighs smiling softly. I look at her confused but the restraints of my arms snap, allowing my arms to have movement. The glow from my hands fades as I hear the rubble shift on top of me.

"Pepper?" Tony calls, walking toward her, stopping in front of her he lifts up the metal to reveal her shaken body. I watch helplessly as she puts on the act of helpless girlfriend.