Chapter 16

Boruto's Pov

"Hey, Sarada?" I called out.

"What do you want?" Sarada sighed, still looking down at the village.

"I just wanted to ask about...."

She turned around and looked me in the eyes... Her face.... She's....

"You're doing it too..." I frowned.

"Doing what?"

"You're annoyed by my presence, or hate the fact that I'm here right now." I said. "The people in the village had the same expression..."

She turned away, with tears in her eyes.... She stayed silent.

"Why?" I asked.

"It's not like that at all..." Sarada said.

"Then what is it?" I asked.

"There's no point in telling you..." Sarada said. "You're not the Boruto I know."

"Wha-...." I almost yelled out. "Nevermind, sorry for bothering you..."

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mindlessly walked around the village again.... You're not the Boruto I know.... What does that mean? Does this relate to what the other guy said.

"Boruto..."

"Huh?" I questioned, looking to my left to see who called out my name. "Lord Seventh..."

"You know who I am now?" Lord Seventh chuckled.

"Well yeah, I recognised you on the hokage faces." I responded. "What do you want?"

"Follow me..."

—--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your house?" I asked as Lord Seventh entered the residence.

"Our house..." Lord Seventh.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Come in, I'll explain everything to you." Lord Seventh said as he walked into the house.

I followed his steps as we went upstairs into a room.

"A bedroom?" I asked as Lord Seventh took a seat on the light blue covered bed.

I looked at the pictures that were on top of the dresser. It looked like a younger version of me, smiling happily with Lord Seventh, another one with me, Lord seventh, and two other girls.... And the last one, was with Sarada, and two other boys.

"Why am I in these pictures?...." I said quietly. "Who are these people, and why Do I have pictures of you when we just met today?"

"Because...." Lord Seventh paused. "You are my son...."

"That can't be true..."

"Boruto, what is your earliest memory?" Lord Seventh asked.

"I remember Old man Amado ordering me to protect Konoha with my powers, that's it." I said. "But why am I shown in these Pictures, I've only been alive for one day..."

"That's because you died, Boruto...." Lord Seventh said.

"I died?"

"Yeah, then Amado had turned you into what you are now to protect Konoha because of the power in you." Lord Seventh explained. "But before you died, you were here with us, that's why we have these old pictures of you..."

"Then that means everything that guy said was true...." I said.

"Huh?"

"I was attacked by some random guy in the village earlier, Lord Seventh." I explained. "He said I was the reason why the village was attacked...."

"What the hell!?" Lord Seventh yelled in anger.

"Is it true?..." I asked. "He called me the disgrace of the Hokage's son, and the leaf for cheating in the chunin exams but, I don't remember."

"It's my fault...." Lord Seventh said.

"How?"

"I prioritized my work over my family, I didn't have the time to be with you, or teach you anything at all." Lord Seventh explained. "And because of this, you'd do anything you could just to get my attention, and when the chunin exams came, you won the exams but you used a scientific ninja tool...."

"I disqualified you right after you won, everyone saw that you cheated." Lord Seventh said. "Later that day you were kidnapped by a group named Kara. I didn't realize my mistake until after you were gone, I tried my hardest looking for you personally for a year straight, dropping my hokage duties."

"That's why that guy said the quality of this village went down." I said quietly.

"We then found you, but the damage was already done, your whole body was turned into a scientific ninja tool, and you were implanted with the Karma mark on your left palm." Lord Seventh explained.

Authors note: ngl, not gonna explain the whole book.....

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Then that led you to your death, you sacrificed yourself for the village and the world." Lord Seventh explained

"But why don't the villagers think that way then?" I asked.

"They're just scared, these Kara members are not enemies regular shinobi can handle." Lord Seventh explained. "That's precisely why Amado resurrected you."

"I see, what about you Lord Seventh?" I asked, as I picked up the picture that Sarada was in. "You don't hate me at all...."

"Because you are my son, it's impossible for me to hate you."

"Dad..."

"We're home!" A girl's voice yelled from downstairs.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"Come downstairs and let's find out." Dad smiled as he got up from the bed and walked out the room.

I followed Dad's footsteps downstairs.

"Naruto, did you find him?"

"Yeah, Boruto, come say hi to the rest of your family." Dad said.

I finished walking down the stairs to see the people Dad was talking to.

These two, are the ones in the picture....

"Boruto!"

"Big Brother!"

The two dark blue haired girls gave me a bear hug.

"Who..."

"Now you two, properly introduce yourself." Dad said. "He doesn't remember anything."

"Oh yeah..." The small dark blue haired girl said. "I'm Hima, your little sister!"

"I'm your mother."

"Mom, Hima...." I quietly said, returning their hugs.

I don't know why but.... I feel like there is more to my mission than protecting Konoha.... I need to protect these two...

I felt a tear come down my eye... I'm crying?

Sarada's Pov

"Nevermind, sorry for bothering you..."

He's not real, that's not him....

"This is where you were..."

"Dad..."

"Why didn't you come to the Hokage's office?" Dad asked.

"Sorry, I wanted to be alone for a bit..." I replied.