Chapter 7

Narutos Pov

"Hima...." 

I walked towards her, taking a seat in her bed. To be honest, I don't know what to say.... What can I say? I told her I'd bring Boruto back safely, but the exact opposite happened...

"Daddy...." Hima asked quietly. "Why did he leave again?"

My eyes started to blur from the tears that were forming, all she wanted was her big brother to be here... and I failed to keep it that way twice.

"You promised you would bring him back..."  Hima said as tears roll down her face. "So why isn't he back!?"

I don't know how to respond, this is something I've never dealt with before... Never thought it'd come down to this, I never thought I had to experience me breaking a promise to my family and holding my dead son in my hands... I know Boruto did it for a good reason but... there had to be another way. There's no way this was the only option....

"Sorry Hima..." I quietly said. "I tried to get to him in time.... But when I got there, it was already too late."

"You're always too late...." Hima whispered.... 

                  Sarada's Pov (Dream)

I threw eight shuriken's at the target, all eight of them hit inside of the red circle... Perfect!

"Amazing, Sarada!" 

"Seems like you're really motivated!"

"I've decided I'm going to become the Hokage!" I announced proudly.

"Huh?" Namida questioned in surprise. "Seriously!?"

"You've got what it takes!" Wasabi praised.

"Yeah!" Chouchou yelled. "Lord Eighth!"

"Heard that?" Shikadai teased Boruto while nudging him...

"Just recently, you were dissing ninjas..." Boruto laughed. "What changed your mind?"

"Unlike you, I'm done being a child." I teased. 

"What about me is childish!?" Boruto yelled putting his fist up.

"What's not childish about you!?" I retaliated.

I don't know what it is, but it's always fun arguing with that idiot...

"Look, aiming to become the Hokage is fine." Boruto said while weaving the sign for his shadow clones... I activated my Sharingan quickly to copy his Jutsu. 

"But instead of hurling shuriken, you'd better master some kind of special Jutsu!" Boruto said as three shadow clones pop up behind him. The four idiots each pull out a shuriken and throw them at a target.

One shuriken hit inside of the red circle, another missed the black surrounding circles terribly, and the other two.... hit Metal and Iwabe.... I cross my arms and smirked at him... Honestly this Boruto is something else...

"Well that was awful.." I teased.

"The main thing is to hit the target." Boruto said in annoyance,