The Affair {17}

***Luka’s POV***

                I desperately held the stuffed cat Connor had brought me the other day. I could barely breathe, and it felt like the shattered pieces of my heart were cutting me up inside.

                “Connor,” I choked out, trying hard not to cry.

                I just couldn’t believe he had cheated on me and lied to me. How could he do that to me? I had trusted him and Blake, and they had gone and fucked behind my back.

                Why had Connor done it, though? Had I not been good enough for him? Or did it have something to do with his parents?

                “Oh my god,” I moaned, tears starting to leak down my face yet again.

                What if it was my fault? His parents had been neglecting and abusing him ever since he had come out as gay, and I hadn’t even known. What if he got so lonely and desperate for love that he had turned to Blake for it?

                Why hadn’t I realized what was happening to Connor? He must have been so desperate and in so much pain all this time, and none of us had known. He had only come out to his parents so that we could have an open relationship.

                But…he had cheated on me and lied to me about it.

                I found myself sobbing violently again. I buried my face in my pillow so that my mom and dad wouldn’t hear me. They had gotten home just a few short minutes after I had kicked Blake and Connor out of the house.

                I heard the doorbell ring and prayed it wasn’t Connor or Blake. I didn’t want to see either one of them right now. 

                There was a knock on my bedroom door. I ignored it, wishing I had locked my bedroom door. I just couldn’t stand to see Connor or Blake right now.

                The door opened. “Hey Luka, I left my phone here. I drove here to get it and- Luka!” Felix cried in alarm, hurrying over to me.

                I picked my head up and looked at him. They had told me that Felix hadn’t known. So they had been lying to him, too.

                “Felix,” I whispered.

                “What happened Luka?” he asked, sitting next to me and putting an arm around my shoulders.

                “Connor and Blake had sex with each other,” I whimpered and started crying again.

                Felix froze. “What? Luka, that can’t be right. They would never do that,” he said in confusion.

                I wiped my eyes, trying to get control of myself. “They told me, Felix. Connor’s been having an affair with Blake for a long time.”

                “There’s just no way in hell they would ever do that,” he said, his eyes going wide. “Luka, there’s just no way.”

                “They told me!” I cried, wiping at my eyes. “They told me, and now…now…now I don’t know what happens! I don’t know what happens to me and Blake, and I especially don’t know what happens to me and Connor!”

                Felix hugged me to himself, and I buried my face against his shoulder, glad I had at least one person to rely on. Connor…