The Affair {7}

***Connor’s POV***

                “Time for school! Time for school! Wakey, wakey Connor-poo!”

                I groaned and pulled the covers over my head, turning away from Luka. He was shaking me violently, trying to wake me up.

                “Luka, go shower,” I groaned.

                “Not until you’re up,” he whined.

                I groaned again, knowing what was coming next. Luka stopped shaking me and I gripped the covers tightly, determined not to give in this time.

                “Connor? Baby, please get out of bed,” Luka sad in the Voice.

                I sighed and sat up, pulling the covers off of my head. He smiled brightly at me as I ran a hand through my messy and severely tangled hair.

                “Good morning Connor! I’m going to go jump in the shower! You can use my bathroom, and I’ll use my parents!” he said before skipping out of his bedroom with a change of clothes in his hands.

                I got out of Luka’s bed and pulled on my boxers just in case his parents were in the hallway. I grabbed clean clothes and left his room, going into the bathroom next to his room.

                I showered quickly before pulling my clothes on. I dried my hair, fixed it, brushed my teeth, and left the bathroom.

                I went into Luka’s room and fell back on his bed, exhausted. Luka and I had stayed up late last night, having a little fun.

                Even when we stayed up late, Luka was still an overly optimistic and bright person in the morning. Hell, you could probably shoot the kid and he’d pull the bullet out, hand it back, and apologize for getting blood on it.

                Not that I would ever let anybody hurt Luka. I would give my life to protect him and make him happy.

                Luka came into his bedroom and smiled happily. “Aw, you finished getting ready before I did! But let’s go get some breakfast. You need to eat to wake you up in the morning,” he said, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of his bedroom and down to the kitchen.

                He sat me down at the kitchen table and made us toast and eggs. We ate before leaving for school.

                I knew that this would be the first day I would see Blake since Saturday. But I wasn’t worried. I had made my point quite clear. I was a little guilty about how cruel I had been about the whole thing, but it had been necessary.

                I parked the car and we got out and went into the school. I took Luka’s hand in mine and followed after him as he began to skip down the hall towards the senior lockers.

                I sighed and began to skip with him, laughing and ignoring the stares we got from other people. Luka smiled widely at me as we stopped at his locker.

                “You’ve been in such a good mood Connor! I’m glad that you’re feeling better,” he said joyfully, putting in his locker combination.

                “Well, how can I not be in a good mood? I have the most amazing boyfriend ever,” I said, smiling at him and kissing him.