The Affair {3}

“I am so hungry I could eat a horse!” Luka whined as we walked towards our lockers together.

                I squeezed his hand gently and kissed his cheek. “Now, don’t do that. You have a perfectly fine lunch in your locker. No need to go killing horses.”

                We stopped at Luka’s locker and he put in his combination before pulling out his lunch. He shut his locker and we walked to the cafeteria together, sitting at our usual table.

                “Do you have lunch money today Connor?” Luka asked.

                I shook my head at him and he frowned deeply. Concern shined in his eyes and he leaned over and kissed me.

                “When was the last time you had lunch?” he asked.

                “Who cares? I’m not hungry anyways Luka,” I said, wrapping an arm around his waist and shrugging.

                “Eat,” Luka commanded, pulling out a small bag of Doritos and shoving it in my face.

                I gently pushed the bag away from my face. “Luka, I’m not going to eat your lunch,” I said patiently. We went through this a lot. Luka hated it when I didn’t eat.

                I saw his bottom lip start to quiver and groaned, knowing that the Voice was coming next. And sure enough, it did.

                “Connor, please eat,” Luka said in the Voice. He held the bag of Doritos out to me, giving me his sad eyes. “Please baby.”

                “Fine,” I said, pouting and snatching the chips out of his hand. “You win. I’ll eat your lunch.”

                “Yay!” Luka cheered, flinging his arms around my neck and kissing me deeply. He pulled away and smiled. “Now eat, mister! You’re too skinny!” He poked my stomach.

                “Ah, I see Luka has won the lunch war once again,” Blake said as he and Felix sat down with us.

                I pouted as I opened the bag of Doritos and tossed one into my mouth. “Shut up Blake,” I grumbled, glaring at the table.

                “Connor? Don’t be mad at me,” Luka said in a small voice.

                I groaned and pulled him into my arms. “You know I’m not mad at you Luka. I’m never mad at you,” I said, kissing his cheek.

                “Are we all hanging out after school?” Blake asked.

                “Yea! It’ll be fun! We can go to my house!” Luka said eagerly, wrapping his arms around my neck and jumping onto my lap.

                I laughed and wrapped my arms around his waist so he wouldn’t fall over in his excitement. Luka smiled and kissed me before beginning to eat his lunch.

                “We can go swimming,” he said thoughtfully. “But Connor, if you’re going to stay the night again, we need to stop at your house and get you clean clothes and your cologne!” He shot me a stern look and I laughed again.

                “Yes master,” I said, bowing my head.

                “Connor, do you have your car? If not, I’ll drive us to your house so you can get your stuff,” Blake offered.