Twelve

I was going to die.

He was going to kill me.

I felt like both those statements were true as I pulled over Sean's jumper over my clothes. At least I wasn't wearing my jeans with pink flowers, and it was my black ones.

Tucking my hair into the jumper I pulled the hood on, slamming the locker shut and throwing my bag over my shoulder, one shoulder as half the guys carried it.

I just hoped I looked like a guy from behind.

This was dangerous, but it was Monday, and I honestly could not be stuffed studying, or seeing Alistair.

In fact I just wanted to go home and sleep, the weather was shitty, the rain had caused puddled everywhere and I was somewhat grateful one thing was going well today and that I work my boots that didn't get my socks wet.

I hurried past the library keeping my head down and the second I was out the door I sprinted for the oval, the most exercise I'd get in this week.

Mike and a few of the there guys including Sam much to my dislike were already there stretching. Mike nodded as I walked over trying not to wince at how wet the ground was.

But the guys didn't seem to care as they sat down on the went grass stretching, Mike's white socks were already resembling a lawn in summer, green.

"Hey I thought you were studying," I looked over my shoulder to see Ethan.

"I have a headache," I lied as he pulled off his jumper revealing his training clothes underneath.

"Oh damn, want some medication?" he asked as he started shimmying out of his jeans. I shook my head, "Wheres Sean?"

"Talking to coach, go sit somewhere warm it's freezing,"

I walked over to the stands, to the very back dropping my bag and sitting down. He was right, it was freezing. I placed my legs on the chair in front of me, clasping my hands before having them between my thighs trying to keep warm.

I saw the cheerleaders head out onto the opposite side of the field to practise and pitied them, how were they not freezing their arses off? I was in jeans, a full sleeve wooden shirt and a jumper I nicked from Sean and was cold. I need to buy some gloves, a beanie and even a scarf, maybe some matching wooden socks.

I pulled out my phone grimacing at my chipped aqua nail polish, they looked disgusting, I should fix that up. I opened a random game playing it for a while before I started to get bored.

So bored that I ended up pulling out my Chemistry workbook to read at least. I did feel a bit bad that I skipped and I hoped Alistair wasn't waiting. I scoffed, why would he wait. He probably gave a quick search of the school seeing I wasn't there and left.

I'll tell the teacher some excuse tomorrow. She can't seriously expect me to make three days every week, what if I have commitments? I am busy.

Sort of. Could be. In the future one day I will be.

I sighed looking back at the field, high school was so weird.

Their games were weird too. Why did they rely on Sean so much, well, the quarterback. And the fact that they pretty much treated him like a god. 

Eventually the rest of the team starts to slowly disappear one after one till only a handful were left, I recognised the coach as he walked up, fully rugged up speaking to them. Some type of pep talk no bet.

I heard footsteps and my heart leapt into my throat looking up but relaxed when it was only Ethan, "Oh hey,"I said as he popped onto the seat next to me.