Five

"You okay, you look like you saw a ghost," Carol said about to turn around and I grabbed her arm pulling her further down the corridor.

"Eh yes, just choked on the cookie,"

"Cookie? You mean biscuit,"

I opened a random door pulling her inside with me, he possibly couldn't be here trying to tell me what chemical reaction goes into a drink. No Charlie, don't be stupid.

I jumped onto the comfy bed looking around when I realised this must be Ajay's room. It was a simple blue themed room, with light blue walls, dark blue curtains and black carpet. It was shockingly neat.

"You know, I could just fall asleep," Carol said tugging at her skirt to pull it lower before she jumped onto the bed. I nodded, it was awful comfortable.

The door suddenly opened and we both looked up, "Oh sorry, I was looking for Ajay," he said about the close the door when i spoke up.

"Oh my god you're Australian," I said excited. He did a double take, brushing his dark brown hair out of his eyes and smiled, "That seems to be a thing around here," he said taking a step into the room his blue eyes looking around, "This room is neat."

"That's what I thought, Victorian?"

He gave me a look, "How did you know,"

I smiled, "I don't agree with your scarf, the cats are obviously better,"

His own smile broadened as he looked at his black and white scarf and chuckled, "I don't know how I didn't recognize your accent."

"I'm Canadian, if anyone cares," Carol said from beside us bringing us out of our own discussion.

"Oh sorry, I'm Liam," he said leaning over and shaking my hand before he shook Carols. He pulled up Ajay's computer chair and sat down, "And you're?"

"Charlotte and this is Carol, so what brings you to the Eagle country?"

"I moved," he shrugged, "Same," I said understanding the solemn look on his face.

"How are you finding it?" I asked slipping off my shoes and crossing my legs on the bed. Liam raised his hand rubbing it on his hairless jaw shrugging, "I don't know. Lots of deep fried food. I want to go back,

"Agreed, take me with you," I sighed. I missed the horrible fluctuating weather.

"With pleasure," he winked, "How long have you been here?"

"Just a few months," Carol looked between us looking extremely confused as we talked. Liam had moved down with his family, thankfully he went to out school which meant I had a new friend to talk to.

"So you knew Ajay from when you were four?" Carol asked munching on a packet of chips she brought up from downstairs.

"We both went to kindergarten in Auckland, and then I moved to Australia and he came to the states, good to see him after a long time."

"That's an incredibly long friendship," I said as I crossed my legs at the ankle, leaning against the head board.

"Yeah, helps our parents are best friends," Liam said taking a swig of his beer. I found out that Liam moved a lot like me, and it was good to see that he didn't find the fact that I never knew my neighbours or never got a  "Welcome to the neighbourhood," package like people were here.

The door opened again and Ajay walked inside pausing when he saw us, "Sorry we crashed in your bedroom," Carol said munching on her chips.

"That's fine, better here than downstairs, man, I always regret throwing these parties," he said placing the vase in his hand on his table, "Someone was chugging vodka from this. I think I need to call an ambulance and somehow get the traditional tribal smell back into the vase," he shuddered. "Well I have to go back downstairs, just make sure no ones doing it on my parents bed yeah?"