Eleven

Hating this new writing tool. Ew.

"What do you mean I can't go?"

I raised an eyebrow as Sean sat on the couch flicking through the TV channels without a care in the world. Acting like he just didn't hear my question, so being the nice sister I was, I repeated it.

"Why can't I go?" and that made me sound like a five year old. He looked up and shrugged.

"So if you don't know why I can't go, I can go," that was my logic, Charlotte's logic.

"You should study,"

"No,"

"Charlie, you're failing," I rolled my eyes. Failing was such an over-exaggeration. I was just not very good at doing exams. Besides I had a tutor now. Not that I could tell Sean that, but maybe I should and then he'd let me go to Liam's house.

He texted me early this morning asking if I wanted to come to this barbecue his family was having.

Um yes, of course I would like to come to a barbecue. I was Australian, we loved our snags on a barbie.

But Sean was being a grade A dick and said no. I was even ready. Wearing a blue and red top over black jeans to be as Aussie as I could.

I had suggested he could come, but that was met with a "I'm too busy for your childish shit," look. He wasn't even that much older than me.

I grumbled crossing my hands, refusing to leave the living room. Who the hell was he to boss over me? I was the one who took care of him when he was too drunk and hungover.

It was Sunday, Sunday's were made for BBQs. And the weather wasn't half bad. It was sunny with the lack of wind which made it okay to wear jeans and not sweat like a pig on a spit-fire.

"Sean let me go,"I whined dragging out every word. He ignored me. I should have just left him a note and gone. But I was trying to be the nice communicative sister. God I was so annoyed right now.

I did study and did some of my homework, and it was Chemistry too, I actually got one question before I threw my book away cause the answer was to two decimal points and I did one which meant it was wrong, but that was another story.

I tried.

"No,"

"I'm going," I said rolling my eyes and walking to the door. Sean didn't try to stop me or say anything so I left anyway. He couldn't totally control me. Besides it was noon not like I was asking him to go to a party at night by myself.

I unlocked my phone looking at the address, it was a fifteen minute walk and he said there was a bus I could take. But the weather was so pretty, I might as well walk.

It could be like my pre-workout before I ate all the sausages there, man I hoped they had grilled onions and cheese and some tomato sauce. It wouldn't be the same without it.

I looked up at the street signs turning around the corner, three lefts, one right and another left. This should be easy.

I dug into my little A8 sized purse that had my ear-phones pulling them out and pressing play, the soft music was a background as I walked. There was a park, it seemed this area literally had a park or a green over every few streets.

The only sad thing was that there weren't many people there.

Within a few more turns and following curvy footpaths I looked at the house before me, there were a lot of cars parked so this had to be it, and I was surprised at my navigation skills.