In The Impossible House 16 of 16

"Uh-on, no time to relax."

Kim lifts up the shopping bags and quickly climbs the stairs. Puzzled by the fact that Kim is about to leave them behind, Yoo-jin and Joon-sang walk up stairs step by step, side by side. When They get up the stairs, Kim is ready to go out with his luggage. He says:

"Joon-sang, I am canceling your reservation for the flight. No problem, huh? "

As he puts on his shoes, "Right" says cheerfully.

"Give me a call when you decide on your schedule. Well! I'm in no hurry. Take your time."

Yoo-jin, seeing Kim stands up and lifts his luggage, says to him in a slightly anxious voice.

"Mr. Kim, apparently, cellphones don't work here."

He raises his eyebrows.

"Whoa! No signal here?"

Kim giggles and continues.

"Well then, you don't have to call me. Let me know your plans when you two get back to Seoul."

He faces two of them and said in a calm voice:

"You are together now. You need neither me nor that young guy any more."

**

Kim's left. The sound of waves is echoing on the terrace. The orange sun slowly approaches the edge of the mountain. Two of them are looking out to sea.

"I haven't seen the ocean  since that trip."

Yoo-jin recalls his awkward behavior at that time.

"Say, Kimchi!"

"..."

"Hey! Smile, Joon-sang! I want a photo of you smiling."

He also remembers that beach where they visited to make their last memories together. He now calmly recalls the conflict he felt then.

"Yoo-jin" says he.

"Can I ask you something? Are you the one who picked up a piece of the puzzle on the wall? It seems someone put the last piece in place."

She nods.

"Yes. I did it. When I first came into the house today."

"..."

It's you, he murmurs in his mind.

"Do you know__"

She says in a whisper, looking out at the ocean.

"__this is the second time I have fit the piece I picked up? The first time was when I met you at Marcian, you were Lee Min-Hyeong-si. The same thing happened then. Right after I put a piece to complete the picture, you showed up."

It's an unforgettable memory for her.

"Isn't it strange, Joon-sang?"

He shudders to know the fact that it was Yoo-jin who filled in the blank of the puzzle three years ago. There must be something. Something invisible.

"Yoo-jin"

He can't find the right words to say. He squeezes.

"Thank...you."

The setting sun begins to melt into the mountain ridge.

"Can I ask you something, too? Joon-sang"

"Yeah"

He murmurs. She raises her eyes.

"May I...may I stay with you from now on?"

"Yoo-jin"

The waves are buzzing then getting quiet to hear his answer. He slowly opens his mouth after a short silence .

"Yoo-jin. There's little chance of my sight working again. But__"

She stares at him. His voice echoes quietly.

" _will you be with me?"

She nods, with tears in her eyes. But he can't see her doing. She put his palms to her cheeks and gives a few small nods again.

"Do you get it...? That I' m nodding now?"

"Oh...Yoo-jin"

They stare at each other while her tears run down his hands. She calls his name, hearing his hoarse 'I love you'. The setting sun warmly illuminates two silhouettes that are gradually becoming one.

**

The end of In The Impossible House    

Thank you for reading this to the end(^_^)