In The Impossible House 15 of 16

Yoo-jin says to Joon-sang, tracing her memory.

"It was when I took the courses in France. Maybe right after your surgery. I got a call from Mama. She mentioned the letter."

He nods. She says hesitantly.

"I didn't ask her the details, but it seemed to be about Dad. And about you..."

"Me ?"

"Yes. That the surgery was a success and you've got well. I guessed...your mother wanted to let me know that you were safe."

"..."

They both fall silent.

Joon-sang, who has been thinking about something with a distant look, quietly opens his mouth.

"... Three years ago, I didn't understand my mother at all. She'd made my memories changed. Moreover she convinced me that I was a son of your father."

He recalls his mother sitting in front of the piano, her back shaking.

"I...I'm so sorry, Joon-sang."

" ' Sorry' ? How dare you! You tore my heart and Yoo-jin's to shreds."

"..."

"Your lies broke us up. Do you think an apology will reset it, huh?."

"..."

"Say something, Mother ...Please!"

"I... I really...oh, you must be Hyunsoo's child."

"..."

"I needed to believe that you were his son. Nothing else gave me hope for life. I couldn't have lived otherwise."

"Mother"

'Hyunsoo loved her and Joon-sang was his son.' _____ She wished. Eventually she believed in the false memory that was composed by herself.

Joon-sang blinks and says.

"I don't understand all of my mother's feelings even now. But ...I guess I've learnt her pain better than before."

Yoo-jin stares at his profile, his lips moving slowly.

"When you really love someone, no matter how many years go by... your heart can't leave that person. "

She feels a faint movement of his hand.

The sound of the tide repeats.

**

In front of the gate of the impossible house.

"Oof!"

Kim coming back from shopping ,slams two large bags on the stone step.

Yoo-jin says in surprise.

"Wow! so many...?"

Kim shrugs.

"Honesty! I told the clerk we didn't need so many. But...so and so... it can't be helped! Anyway I guess you could stay on with it for a few days."

He grins.

Joon-sang asks her in a small voice.

"Is it that much?"

"Yes..."

Kim continues cheerfully.

"And listen! I'll be on the boat at five. I have to be back in Seoul today due to an important business meeting tomorrow, you know."

(To be continued)