In The Impossible House 6 of 16

(Kim's reminiscence)

Joon-sang raises his innocent gaze and murmurs.

"Yes... the place I've longed to visit."

Kim looks at him, asking.

"Is it _"

Taking a breath, Joon-sang says.

"It's...not far from here." 

**

(Kim's reminiscence)

About one hour later, Kim and Joon-sang take a cab to Yoo-jin's flat. They sit side by side in the back seat, seeing the cityscape of Seoul outside the windows. Kim says as if he is talking to himself:

"I wonder...I doubt that Yoo-jin-si has been back."

Joon-sang has his eyes closed for a while, thinking something, then opens them and answers:

"According to a friend of mine in France, foreign students like Yoo-jin may complete master's degrees by now. Well, honestly, I'm not sure she's graduated. But I think she might be back."

Kim nods understandingly, then says:

"Yes...but even if she's come back, it doesn't necessarily mean that she stays at her old house, dose it?"

"No. You are right."

Joon-sang readily admits, hearing Kim's offer.

"May I ask someone who might know what she's been up to? Like Polaris or..."

"No, thank you."

Joon-sang smiles and continues calmly like a philosopher.

"I know things don't work that well. Yes, I know. But... she might...she could be back. Then I just happen to be in this country today for the first time in years."

He shakes his head lightly, smiling sadly.

"It may be just a coincidence. And yet I'm too sentimental to believe it's a sort of destiny. Don't laugh at me, Kim-seonbae."

Kim, with a puzzled look, is unable to say anything.

**

(Kim's reminiscence)

The cab stops at a corner of the suburb of Seoul, the residential area. The backseat door opens. Kim gets out, looking around, and helps Joon-sang get out. The cab drives away.

Kim says, looking at his note.

"I've never been in this area before. I'm not sure Yoo-jin-si's flat is around here."

"It's a four-story building with white outer wall."

Joon-sang murmurs ,reminiscing the memories of seeing her off there time after time. He also thinks that this is the very place that he saw her for the last time before he lost his love and eyesight.

"Yoo-jin... I'll never see you again. We shouldn't. I remember your smile forever."

" Don't..."

"... "

The atmosphere of the town reminds him of their memories vividly. Kim calls out to him, running toward a passerby.

"I'm asking someone the way. Wait for me. Stay here!"

 Joon-sang stands alone, surrounded by a buzz of the town.

"boo__hoo__"

He hears something, soon it turned out to be a baby crying in the distance.