I'm Not Drunk

Being twenty one, even though he would do this before, Dabi enjoyed going out sometimes and having a drink or two. He got off work early and asked Maddie if she minded him going to a bar for a little while. She, of course, didn't and told him to go and have fun. He deserved it since he worked so hard all the time for the two of them. Normally, he'd only drink a little because the bar he went to was a bit away from the house and he'd need to drive. This time, however, he went to one nearby the house so he'd be closer to Maddie. He could walk home, so he ordered one more glass than he normally got. This ended up being a mistake as his body couldn't handle the amount of alcohol like he thought. He walked to the house drunk and knocked on his own door.

Maddie was sitting on the couch, drawing and awaiting his arrival. When she heard the knock, it startled her. Dabi had his own keys and Tavia now knocked on her window on the fire escape. There was never a knock on the door. Never. Last time this happened, Dabi told her to hide, so she quickly got up and hid in the cabinet under the kitchen sink. She was small enough to do so. Eventually, the stranger would go away. That's what she hoped. However, they didn't because it was Dabi. He started to speak and it freaked her out at first, but eventually she recognized the voice.

"Maddie!" Dabi whined behind the door. "Angel! I lost my keys! Can you let me in?!" Maddie laughed to herself, crawling back out of the cabinet. She couldn't believe Dabi lost his keys. In reality, he hadn't. They were right in his pocket. He just didn't believe they were keys. Checking the peephole, she saw it was him and quickly opened the door. Even though he had yelled her name, Dabi was pleasantly surprised to see her. "Maddie!" He grinned wide and shouted with excitement.

Maddie caught his surprise and looked a little confused. "Hi, Dabi-Kun."

Dabi immediately jumped at her and gave her one of the biggest hugs she had ever received. "MADDIE! MY ANGEL! I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU! I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN FOREVER! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH! I'LL NEVER GO AWAY AGAIN!" He shouted with so much volume and bliss, Maddie was surprised to hear it.

Maddie saw how he was acting and her nose wasn't lying to her when she smelled nothing by alcohol on him. She remember the smell well from Mikoto. When Dabi came in and hugged her like this, though, it brought forth only new and good memories to the smell. She giggled and looked up at his red face. "Did you have too much to drink?" She asked him sweetly.

"WHAT?! NO! MADDIE! OF COURSE NOT!" Dabi lied and then smirked, leaning down to her ear. "I'm drunk, Maddie, but only you can know that. Don't tell anyone, okay?" He whispered with child-like innocence, rivaling even Maddie's.

Maddie smiled at him and giggled when he moved away with a look that asked for her approval. "It'll be our little secret." She promised.

"Thanks, Kid! You're the best!" Dabi grinned and leaned down, kissing her cheek. Instead of giving her just one kiss, he held her close and started to playfully give her a lot of them at once. His scarred bottom lip started to tickle Maddie after too many of them and she started to laugh and tried to push him off. A part of her wanted to stay close, though, so she didn't pull far.

"Dabi! It tickles!" She shouted at him through her laughter.

Dabi gave her one big final kiss on the cheek and pulled away, looking at her for a brief moment. "You're..." He blushed and let out an infatuated smile. "You're so beautiful... Did I ever tell you that?"

Maddie went red as well. "Thank you, Dabi. That's very sweet of you to say." She shyly looked away. "You're very handsome."

"Awww!" Dabi nuzzled his face against hers. "You're just the best, Maddie! You're so nice and you always say such sweet things! You make me so happy!"

"I'm glad..." Maddie giggled quietly. Dabi let out an adorable laugh and moved off of her to get a look at her face again. When he did, his expression went from a happy smile to a more intimate look. He gently put his hands on her face and looked into her pretty hazel eyes. He was thinking many things in his mind, but nothing was said aloud, so he was just staring at her. This made her a little confused, so she decided to say something. "Are you okay?"