The Villain Dabi

It had been a month since Maddie ran away from home and since then she had been slowly traveling city to city with only a few people willing to help her for a short amount of time. She liked it that way since she didn't want to stay with them a while and them figuring out she was a murderer. Barely did she ever see a police car, but it terrified her when she did. Despite everything, she had this sudden will to live that triumphed over her suicidal thoughts. She believed that the hope that Riley was still alive is what kept her going. Still, if the police caught her, she didn't believe dying would've been her worst fate.

From a gas station nearby she had swiped a granola bar to eat and she sat in a nearby alleyway while she did so. Those were often the places she slept, so she felt most comfortable being there by her lonesome. Her body was both happy and angry with her as she swallowed the first bite. It had gotten so used to not eating that it didn't want to eat, but it also did at the same time. Maddie had dealt with this before and forced it down. It may have been thrown up, it may have stayed; she'd figure it out later. She threw the wrapper in a nearby dumpster and started to walk towards the end of it. Walking was all she could do. She didn't have much else to entertain her or keep her from collapsing and dying. The only reason she stopped was when she heard a thugs voice around the corner in another alleyway.

"Whoa! Guys! Look at the mug on this dude over here!" One shouted followed by about three separate laughs.

"Dude! It's a zombie!" The second shouted.

"Fucking ugly! I wanna puke just looking at it!" Cackled the third.

"This is OUR territory." The fourth growled. "Take your disgusting burnt ass and get out before you regret it."

Maddie peeked her head around the corner and saw the man they were speaking to. He was tall with unruly black hair. The thugs were correct about him looking odd and burnt. More than half his body was covered in what looked to he third degree burn scars, and they were kept together with his normal skin by nothing more than some piercings that looked stapled on. His appearance worried Maddie because of what she learned her Quirk could do. The three girls who bullied her weren't the only ones she had killed now. Many thugs on the streets would try to pick fights with or sexually harass her and when they wouldn't stop, she would do what she now dubbed "Energy Bursts". One of the thugs was burnt by the blast more than just blown up by it and they looked similar to the scars this man had.

"Are ya deaf or something, ugly?!" The first shouted after he didn't budge. "I said get the hell outta here!"

"I guess we're going to have to kill him." The third smirked.

The thugs closed in on the mysterious man and were about to strike, but the man put his arm up and out came the largest blast of flames Maddie had ever seen. Big and bright beautiful blue flames. The hottest flames. There was screaming for a moment, but all of the thugs eventually turned to nothing but ash. They were all dead in an instant. Maddie wondered how she'd get past the thugs, but now she was wondering how she'd survive this man who killed four people with one effortless blast.

"Ah!" Maddie let out an accidental gasp. Seeing corpses wasn't something she was used to, even after murdering people.

The man heard her and turned around. Her hazel eyes were met with the most beautiful and threatening turquoise eyes she had ever seen. If they weren't his, she would've stayed to look into them longer, but she ducked behind the corner and back into the alley she was in. With nowhere to run or hide, she decided to stay on the other side of a dumpster so he wouldn't see her right away. Maybe he wouldn't even give chase at all. No. He had a witness for his murder. There was no way any sensible killer would let someone like that go. She could hear his footsteps coming towards her and eventually they stopped right in front of her. Her eyes forced themselves shut and tears started to roll down her face. She could feel him staring down at her. Studying. The gaze almost hurt her somehow.