I Won't Fail You Again

Ever since Maddie had run away, her mother had done the same. Her former acquaintances had enough evidence to place her under arrest for child abuse and neglect. Her Pro Hero license would also be revoked forever. Although Maddie was known for her crimes, Mikoto's were covered up for the time being, as to not cause society to lose faith in Pro Heroes. She now lived in hiding in an abandoned house. Her only company was her ever loyal sidekick named Genji, who had followed her throughout this low point in her life. Genji was just as terrible and insane as her. Naturally, he was the perfect candidate to secretly do her bidding even while on the run.

"Genji, sweetheart." Mikoto called for him while she stared out the window.

"Yes, ma'am?" Genji walked towards her.

"I know this is a very big request, but it is one I trust you will be able to handle." Mikoto moved her long, unruly brown bangs from her eyes. "Can you do it?"

"It would be my honor." Genji nodded.

"Good." Mikoto's long and sharp nails scratched the glass on the window. "I want you to find that traitorous brat and I want you to kill her. Make sure it's slow and painful. She has no right to live after what she's done to her mother."

"Yes of course, ma'am." Genji bowed to her. "Scum like her have no place in this world. I will look for her for the rest of my life if I have to."

"Thank you, Genji." Mikoto turned to him with a devilish smile. "You're the only one who's ever truly been my child."

"Anything for you, my hero." Genji nodded. This conversation happened about a month and a half ago. Genji had been searching for her ever since, never returning to Mikoto until the job was finished. Unfortunately, his search would not last until the day he died.

Dabi and Maddie were having a nice walk together late on that unfaithful night. Any sort of trouble they expected would he from common thugs that Dabi could simply burn. For the past few months Maddie had been with Dabi, she felt completely safe and that nothing would ever touch her again. He had such a powerful Quirk and had no problem taking out anyone who would want to harm her. Nobody was ever able to stand against him. She feared Mikoto, but she was able to suppress it because as long as she stayed in hiding with a villain, she'd certainly be fine.

Dabi heard Maddie's stomach growl and chuckled. "Someone's hungry."

"Yeah, a little." Maddie rubbed her head with embarrassment. "Sorry."

"Don't apologize." Dabi rubbed her head. "You want me to make you some spicy ramen when we get home?"

"We had that for lunch. Maybe something else." Maddie shrugged.

Dabi thought for a moment and grinned with hope that she would smile. "Why don't we go and get a pizza, then?"

Maddie let out a little happy gasp. "Really?!"

"Yep, just for you." Dabi grinned and rubbed her head. "Cheese and extra sauce, right?"

"Yeah." Maddie grinned, hugging his arm.

"Alright, I'll call and order it and we'll go--" Dabi attempted to say, but noticed Maddie had completely stopped walking and even let go of his arm. "Maddie?" Maddie completely ignored him. Just ahead was a man walking towards them. Dabi heard the footsteps and turned around, soon realizing the man was what was scaring her. "Who the fuck are you?" He growled to the mysterious figure.

"G-Genji." Maddie trembled in fear, losing her voice as she spoke.

Dabi looked back at her, surprised she knew his name. "What?!"

"Ahahahahaha!" Genji laughed with delight. "So, the little Enersai brat does remember me. I guess you're a little less self centered than I thought."

"Who the fuck are you?! How do you know her?!" Dabi shouted, getting in front of Maddie to protect her.