Chapter 21 (Countrywide notoriety)

(Location: Axel)

((Y/N)'s POV)

Ah, Axel. The starter town for novices, every single conceivable challenge being conquered by some no social skill outcast with a 5 women loli catgirl harem that covers the 5 dere's years ago. This truly is a great place to be as a lot of stuff happened here in the past 2 months. I've been here, from sparing with my own countrymen, a giant spider threatening to step on me, to getting hunted down by a group of "elite" mercenaries who are more like a bunch of teenagers you just hire from the street to plan your wedding. They're not going to do a good job.

Anyways, a lot happened, and during that time, I've come to grow attached to this place to the point that the only time I left it for another city was being tracked down by other-worlders. Speaking of which, what actually happened to them? Eh, they probably won't be important later.

Anyways, me and Eris were going back to the guild with Yunyun quickly leaving for a quick moment. Apparently, she wants to tell Megumin, her rival, about our quick visit to the Crimson Demon Village and how she now has the respect of the locals as well as helping to kill a Demon King General.

Speaking of those beings, apparently, Kazuma and Co. has already killed 2 Demon Generals... I don't know how exactly they did it but hey, I'm not complaining! Less work for me. And less time until I can confront the Demon Lord and get my wish! I'm going to start with wishing for infinite wishes...

Before we actually entered Axel, we teleported near the gates, we saw in front of us Kazuma and his dysfunctional mess of character defects he calls "party members" coming back from a long journey in a line of horse-driven carriages. Deciding to listen in on the conversation, I enhanced my hearing a bit using a skill I learnt from Eris called [Sensory enhancement] which does as it says.

Aqua: Uwaah... I still can't believe I got kicked out of my own city...

Kazuma: As I've said countless times... YOU CAUSED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE BY TURNING THE TOWNS COVETED HOLY WATER INTO REGULAR WATER!

Ow, my ears...

Megumin: Can both of you be quiet! I've been having trouble sleeping during this entire trip! Also Kazuma, just give her a rest, okay?

Kazuma: Fine, as long as you keep quiet for a bit, then we are fine. Useless Goddess...

Aqua: Hey! Without me, you couldn't have won against that fiendish being!

Darkness: Look, please can we just stop arguing you two and be a bit happy together? We killed another Demon General! No party in the history of this continent has killed 3 Demon Generals in this short of a time frame!

Kazuma: I guess you are right... nearly died right there too... ugh... I don't want to think about it...

Wait, they killed another Demon General? Hmm... might explain the giant mushroom cloud we saw after our fight against Slyvia... no wonder I felt an ominous annoying feel to it.

That was when their carriage stopped and they went out, with a familiar figure coming out last with Aqua trying to assault her, met with 1/10th of Kazuma's pent up frustration.

Kazuma: Anyways, see ya later Wiz. Come to us if you need any assistance.

Wiz? Oh yeah, that Demon General who helped me learn Shadow Hands... wait this is my chance to interact with her again? Alright... be natural.

(Y/N): Oh hey Kazuma!

Kazuma: Oh finally, you are here... hey there (Y/N)! How's it going!

Instantly, Aqua averted all of her attention away from Wiz and to Eris, hopping gleefully to her with a smug look on her face.