Chapter 2 (New life)

???

As I opened my eyes, I saw medieval-style houses and stuff you would see in fantasy worlds, horse-driven carriages, people in full armour, swords, bows, even the grass that grows on the cobbled roads. It was cold, so somewhere during the winter seasons.

But that's not the most surprising 30 other people are wearing modern clothing all bunched up together like some 3rd act basketball movie where the team huddles discussing a "strategy". I decided to slip out of there as they would most likely beat me to a pulp.

(Y/N): Hey Eris let's go! We need to get somewhere warm.

Eris: Yes let's go indeed. But wait, do you know where to go?

(Y/N): Somewhere far from those brutes! And somewhere that helps me insulates me from this goddamn cold.

Eris: But, they are the people who I just sent.

(Y/N): Exactly, who knows what they would do to me when they find out what happened when I brought you here. But other than that. No.

Eris: sigh* Well, to start, we must go to the adventure guild to start our journey.

(Y/N): So, do you know where to go?

Eris: Yes, yes I do indeed know, follow me.

After a few minutes of walking through crowds, we were in front of a building much bigger in its surroundings with gruff-looking men, and scantily clad women, going in and out of it. I always wondered why they wear so little.

(Y/N): Yeah, this looks like the place!

Eris: Hey before you go in, I need to tell you, before you...

Before I let her finish, I already barged through the doors, ready to begin my adventure. The warm heat of the fire washed over my face and a wave of satisfying feelings was felt throughout my body. That was quickly interrupted when everyone in the building looked at us with eyes that screamed, "who the hell are you".

I can hear from the crowd as they "whispered" amongst themselves.

"Who is that guy?"

"Why is he accompanied by such a beauty?"

"What are they doing here?"

Until a blue-haired girl stood up and walked to Eris. Her companion who was sitting with her tried to restrain her but he was far too late.

Blue-haired girl: So, it seems you have finally been transported here... Eris!

Eris: Aqua senpai, it seems we have indeed met again.

Aqua: Oh man, I can't wait to see you suffer through to what I have endured, I can't wait to see you in slime and...

Before she could finish, her male companion slammed his fist against her head, knocking her unconscious temporarily. Which, flinched me for a bit.

Brown Haired Person: I am so sorry for what my idiot "friend" did. She always goes off on her own, having her feelings which, causes a lot more bad than good. As compensation, here, have 2 thousand Eris, you may need it to register. Oh yeah, by the way, I'm Kazuma.

Wait, so the currency in this world is named after my companion?

(Y/N): Oh, yeah I'm (Y/N). This is my companion...

Kazuma: Eris right? Yeah, I have already seen her.

(Y/N): Oh really? Well, I may want to give you a warning, 30 other hero candidates are about to come to the adventure guild, so be warned.