xvii. real life

FLORA WAS NERVOUS. This was the first time she had been on a plane in over a year. It was also the first time she was going to see Andrew in person. They had been talking back and forth over email and then text for months now but now that the time had come, she was nervous. Why? She couldn't put her finger on it but she had grown quite fond of the older gentleman. Not only was she a big fan of his work but it turned out all the stories she had heard about him were one hundred percent true. He was a true gentleman and the loveliest person she had ever "met".

When she got into JFK airport and she found a very coy Lin Manuel Miranda; wearing a blonde wig and glasses and holding up a sign with her code name 'Florence Nightingale' on it. He whisked her away to their awaiting car and as soon as they were both in the back seat, he was pulling her into giant hug and chatting her ear off like they had known each other for years.

"Andrew is going to be so stoked to see you! He won't ever ask for anything but I can tell he's not his usual self as his mother's anniversary is coming up. But I think you'd really lift his spirits. He's spoke about you non stop since we started filming."

Flora felt the heat in her cheeks rise as Lin grinned at her after his revelation. But even though, their relationship wasn't like that and she didn't know Lin very well. Flora could tell that Lin was a ride or die kind of friend and he just wanted his friend to be okay. So she smiled politely before allowing Lin to carry on talking about the possibility of her recording whilst she was here and maybe even getting to come on set and meet the cast.

"If you're feeling up to it. You could come down to set tomorrow. You'll have to test, obviously beforehand but we're filming the concert bit of 'Tick, Tick... Boom!' scene tomorrow, we could even squeeze you in as an audience member if you're down?"

"That sounds amazing Lin. Thank you." Flora sent him a genuine smile. She hadn't known the man a week and he was going out on a limb for her, so she could be involved in the film and all because he knew it'd make Andrew happy.

"Don't even mention it! Look Andrew should be home right now in his apartment. I can send your suitcase to the hotel if you like and you can go surprise him now."

"That sounds like a good plan to me. Thank you for sorting all of this. You're a really good friend." Flora leant over to hug him once more, as the car came to a stop. Lin squeezed her back before shooing her out of the car.

"Forth floor. Apartment three. Have fun! Be good!"  He winked and Flora shut the door quickly before the heat could rise in her cheeks once more and entered the apartment building.

The brunette made her way up to the fourth floor quickly as she could as a precaution, so she didn't have to speak to anybody. When she appeared outside apartment three, Flora felt like she had been stood there for a stupendous amount of time. Taking a deep breath, Flora finally knocked on the door and waited nervously.

When Andrew finally opened the door and came face to face with Flora. The brunette felt like time had stopped still and they were both just stuck frozen as their brains caught up with what was actually happening. However in reality it only took nought point three seconds for Andrew to throw himself at the brunette and wrap her up in his arms. Flora squeezed her arms around his middle as Andrew just rested his face in her neck and mumbled "I can't believe you're here" over and over again.

It wasn't until she finally pulled away and looked into his eyes and whispered softly, "Hi. It's nice to meet you." with a giggle to which Andrew only responded with a bright grin before pulling her into his apartment.