xlii. the ellen show

FLORA COULD NOT BELIEVE SHE WAS ABOUT TO STEP FOOT ONTO THE SOUNDSTAGE WHERE THEY FILMED THE ELLEN SHOW. She had loved watching this show for as long as she could remember. It was always hilarious and the guests always looked like they had the best time and Flora was praying her time with the legendary tv host would be exactly the same. Rubbing her hands down the sides of her dress nervously, a show runner appeared and alerted her that she was about to be called out on stage. Shaking out said nerves, Flora was ready to live out one of her dreams and be inducted into The Ellen Show history.

"Our next guest; is the multi-talented, Bafta award nominated hair and make-up artist, actress and maybe her coolest job -- she's Spiderman's best mate. Please welcome Florence Falcone!"

Taking a deep breath; Flora walked out onto the floor, waving at the cheering audience before rushing over to hug Ellen before sitting down. Grinning at the audience, Flora was just so excited to be here. "Thank you so much for having me! I've watched your show for years and I just can't believe you've invited me on, so thank you!" Flora spoke, once the audience had died down.

"My pleasure. I had heard from a lot of people that you really wanted to come on and I thought 'I must have Florence on before the final season ends' so we contacted your people straight away! So shall we dive right in?"

"Yes! Let's do it!" Flora grinned in excitement. "And please call me Flora! All my friends do!"

"So Flora, you got your big break working on the set of Peaky Blinders, correct?" The audience immediately starting to cheer at the mention of the iconic show. "Yes! So I got the chance to be apart of the make-up department straight out of working at the National Theatre. I was very lucky and I got to work on series two and three of the show, where I was even luckier to be nominated for a Bafta. I'm also really excited to share with you that I was asked back for the final series that will be airing next month!" Flora squealed with excitement as the audience cheered, only getting louder as a picture of you, Helen and Finn appeared behind you.

"Awww I just love them so much." Flora pouted sadly.

"You're all very close?" Ellen questioned.

"Very. All cast and crew we're all one big family. I'm close with all the cast. I miss Helen so much. She was one in a million." The brunette smiled sadly at the host.

"You're close with the handsome boy in the photo?"

Flora laughed, the older lady clearly trying to poke her for something that wasn't there. "Yeah, Finn is one of my best mates. What are you asking here Ellen?" She teased, any eyebrow shooting up at the tv host.

"Just want to know if you're close that's all." She shrugged, like she wasn't meddling.

"Well I dated his brother for two years so..." She shrugged.

"And you of course won the Bafta for your work on The Favourite. What was it like working on that film?" Ellen quickly moved on.

"Honestly. I had the absolute best time. It was shot at home over in England so I didn't have to stray far from my family or boyfriend and the cast on that film were just -- Olivia Colman. I mean come on!" Flora encouraged the audience to clap at the mention of her friend. "She won an Oscar for a reason! Rachel, Emma, Nicholas. I just adore them all. They're the best!"