11

Kandi's POV
A few months later

Hey guys, we're back after all the drama that took place a couple of months ago. After the drama two years ago, mom and dad took things slow and got back together. They then got married within the same year and added an addition to the family. No, my mom didn't get pregnant, she and dad adopted my best friend. She has been in a foster home since school started and we started being friends before I even knew about her situation. Mom and dad ended up adopting her a few months into us being friends and she was super happy.

Akira's POV

Hi, my name is Akira and I'm the latest edition to the Edmonds family. I was born in Brooklyn and raised by my grandparents and when they passed, I was sent to Los Angeles to live in a foster home. I started high school there and that's where I met Kandi. She's so sweet and kind and I was kind of scared to tell her about my situation being that I was scared that she wouldn't be my friend anymore. That was not the case.

She invited me to her house one day where I met her parents and siblings and they were sweet just like her. Since we've been friends, we have been hanging out at her house and having sleepovers since that one time I went over and I've grown close to her family. I'm guessing Kandi told her parents about me being a foster kid because a few months later of us hanging out so often her parents asked me if I wanted to be adopted by them and of course, I said yes.

"Akira, mom asked if you would like to go to the beach later to watch the sunset?" Kandi asked coming into my room.

"Uh, sure. When?"

"Right now because the sun is about to set in an hour and we have to drive there." I nodded.

"Okay, let me just put on some shoes."

"Alright, I'll be in the car waiting."

"Mmhmm." She left out of my room and I put on my Chanel slides before leaving my room. When I got downstairs, the twins were putting on their slides.

"You guys always copy me." I said and playfully rolled my eyes.

"Girl bye, you ain't nobody." Bliss said and we laughed.

"I'm going to the car." They nodded and I walked out the door. Getting inside the car, my brothers were inside.

"Kandi didn't come in the car yet?"

"She did but she went back to get her AirPods."

"Oh okay." To kill time I took a few pictures of myself.

"You bout ugly as hell

"You bout ugly as hell." Denim said.

"Oh really? Okay then so when we come back don't ask me to take any pictures of you guys in the middle of the street throwing up gang signs." I said and their mouths dropped.

"No, I'm sorry." I laughed. Soon everyone came into the car and we were headed to the beach.

Nobody's POV
Los Angeles Beach