9

Kandi's POV
June 18

Finally! It's June! I'm so excited to air this whole situation out. School has been out for about a week and I'm so excited to stay home. Today is also Dad and Nicole's engagement party. Mom is coming because dad invited her and she wasn't going to come but we begged her. I just want her to see this whole thing go down.

I got dressed in a light pink long sleeve shirt with ruffles and I paired it with a black velvet dress. I did my hair in a French braid and I put on my black Alexander Mcqueens. I took a picture in my bathroom mirror and played around with some filters before I found one that I liked. Yeah, I'm posting this.

Guess what today is?? 👀@denimbraxton @diezelbraxton

Liked by @caseyfinch @gabunion @evelynbraxton and more

@denimbraxton I'm soooo ready
@diezelbraxton wooo hooo 🥳
@janetjackson ouuu yesss I can't wait
@evelynbraxton look at my grandbaby ❤️🌈
@tonibraxton is this the secret that I don't know about?
@kandibraxton @tonibraxton yes mom that's why it's a secret 🙄 but you'll find out later

Toni's POV

I'm twisting my brain to find out what my kids and Janet are talking about, but Kandi said that I'll find out later so I guess I will.

"Toni you should wear a do-me-baby dress."

"No, I'm going to my ex-husband's engagement party. Why would I do that?"

"Cause I said and I'm older than you."

"Girl, bye. My answer is no." I said waving her off and putting my hair into a low ponytail.

"Fine, I'll pick out the dress for you."

"Janet-"

"Too late!" She yelled from my closet. I sighed, I guess I'll just have to wear whatever she picks out.

"I found something."

She came out of the closet holding a white off-the-shoulder dress with long sleeves. I forgot I had that dress.

"Where did you find that at?"

"In your closet." Janet said in a duh tone. I walked towards her and took the dress from her hand.

"You know I wore this in Paris with Kenny and I was pregnant with the girls but neither of us knew."

"The more reason to put it on."

"I don't even know if it will fit me."

"Girl just go and try it on, if it doesn't fit I already have a backup dress."

Oh boy. I went into the bathroom and tried on the dress. Surprisingly it fits me perfectly. I came out of the bathroom and Janet gasped.

"Oh my god bestie you look so good. If I was into girls I would most definitely fuck you."