Chapter 12- Spider-Man

The next day, Peter, Maddi, and Ned were walking down the hallway at school when they heard Flash from behind them

The next day, Peter, Maddi, and Ned were walking down the hallway at school when they heard Flash from behind them. "Maddi! Maddi, wait!" Flash says. He was running down the hallway to catch up with them. Maddi looked behind her and rolled her eyes.

"Oh, no." She says.

"What?" Ned asks.

"Flash. I turned him down at Homecoming and now he's going to try to ask me out again." Maddi says.

"What are you going to tell him?" Ned asks.

"I have an idea. Just follow along." Maddi says.

"Maddi!" The three friends stop once Flash had caught up with them. "Hey. So, I know we didn't get a chance to go to the Homecoming dance together but I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me? Maybe this Saturday? I know of a place in Queens and they say it's one of the best restaurants in town. What do you say?"

"Gee, Flash. I honestly don't know what to say. I'm flattered but I think I have a better idea." Maddi says.

"Really? What is it?" Flash asks.

Maddi catches Peter, Ned, and Flash himself by surprise when she raises her fist and punches him in the face, knocking him down. The students in the hallway stopped what they were doing and watched what was happening. "What was that for?!" Flash asked, holding his nose.

"For picking on my brother. And news flash, I never liked you. Never have, never will. So you can stop trying to ask me out because it's never going to happen." Maddi says.

"But, but..."

"But nothing, maybe people would like you more if you weren't always such a bully. But I guess that will never happen because that's what you are. A jerk." Maddi says. She turns around and walks away from Flash.

"Whoa, I cannot believe you just punched Flash Thompson!" Peter says.

"Yeah, well, no one messes with my brother or my friends and gets away with it." Maddi says, wrapping her arms around Ned and Peter. They continue to walk down the hallway but stop when they see Liz with her mom with a box full of her belongings. As Betty hugs Liz goodbye, Peter runs up to her.

"Hey, Liz!" He says.

"I'm gonna miss you." Betty says before walking away.

"Liz, look. I'm so sorry." Peter says.

"You say that a lot. What are you sorry for this time?" Liz asks, her cheeks stained with tears. For a moment, Peter was silent for he didn't know what to say. "The dance? That was a pretty crappy thing to do."

"Well, yeah, but I...I mean, your dad...I can't imagine what you're going through. If there's anything I can do to help..."

"I guess we're moving to Oregon." Liz says, fighting tears. "Mom says it's nice there, so that's cool. Anyways, Dad doesn't want us here during the trial, so..."