Chapter 10- Homecoming

It was the night of the Homecoming dance

It was the night of the Homecoming dance. Maddi was already in the school gym with Ned and their group of friends. She was wearing a long red dress with jewels on the top. Her hair was down and her nails were painted red. Maddi and Ned were waiting for Peter to arrive with Liz. When they saw him enter the gym, they waved at him while Michelle gave him the finger. As Maddi was talking with her friends, she looks at Peter and noticed he had an anxious expression on his face. For a moment he was talking to Liz then suddenly, he leaves her in the middle of the dance floor and runs out of the gym.

Maddi frowns and runs after her brother. When she makes it outside, she sees Peter wearing his homemade Spider-Man suit and fighting with Schultz, one of Vulture's men. He shocks Peter from behind with an electrical weapon, knocking him down. "He gave you a choice. You chose wrong." Schultz says. "What's with the crappy costume?"

"My web shooters." Peter whispered. Maddi was hiding behind a bus when Ned quietly came out the back door and knelt beside her. The two friends watch as Peter gets up from the ground to run for his web shooters. Schultz uses his weapon to hit a school bus in Peter's direction, knocking him backward.

"I wasn't sure about this thing at first, but man." Schultz says. He hits Peter with his weapon, sending him backwards into a bus. Schultz hits the bus hard on its side, causing it to flip over with Peter still inside. Peter gets out of the bus and slowly crawls to his web shooter.

"Why did he send you here?" Peter asked Schultz.

"Guess you'll never know." Schultz replied. When Maddi saw that Schultz was about to shoot Peter with his weapon, she grabs one of Peter's web shooters and shoots a web at Schultz's weapon.

"Nice shot!" Peter exclaimed. After disarming Schultz, Peter grabs his web shooter and traps Schultz against the school bus with a web blast. He runs up to Maddi and Ned. "Guys, the guy with the wings is Liz's dad."

"What?" Maddi asked.

"I know. I gotta tell Mr. Stark." Peter says. "Call Happy Hogan. He's Mr. Stark's head of security. And, uh, get a computer to track my phone for me."

"I'm coming with you." Maddi says.

"No, Maddi. This is too dangerous. I can't let you go on this one. You already got in trouble with Mr. Stark once. I need you to stay here and help Ned." Peter says.

"No, Peter, I'm going with you." Maddi says.

"Maddi..."

"This isn't up for discussion. I'm coming whether you like it or not." Maddi says.

"It's okay, Peter. I got this." Ned says.

"You sure?" Peter asks.

"Yeah. You guys go." Ned says.

Peter groans. "Okay, fine. Let's go." He wraps his arm around Maddi's torso and he swings away.

~*~

"Maddi, what are you doing?" Flash shouted when she and Peter landed on top of his car. He was both surprised and scared to see Spider-Man and Maddi on top of his car.