Chapter 5- The Party

"House party in the suburbs

"House party in the suburbs." Aunt May says as she drives up to Liz's house. "Oh, I remember these. Kind of jealous."

"It'll be a night to remember." Ned says.

Aunt May laughs. "Ned, some hats wear men. You wear that hat."

"Yeah, it gives me confidence." Ned smiles.

"This is a mistake." Peter says, who was looking out the window. He turns to Aunt May. "Hey, let's just go home."

"Uh, I agree with Peter. This isn't a good idea." Maddi says.

"Oh, guys. I know. I know it's really hard trying to fit in with all the changes your body's going through." Aunt May says. "It's flowering now."

Peter chuckles awkwardly while Maddi just gives Aunt May a weird look. "Maddi, I don't know why you're so worried but Peter, he's been so stressed out lately." Aunt May says.

"What helps with stress is a party." Ned says. "We should go to the party."

"Yeah, let's do it. We're gonna go. Come on, Mads." Peter says. Peter and Maddi open their doors and they step out of the car.

"Peter. Maddi." Aunt May calls out to the twins. The twins stop and lean in to look at Aunt May. "Have fun, okay?"

Peter and Maddi nod their heads. "We will." Maddi says. Once Ned got out of the car, he waves at Aunt May as she drives away.

"Bye, May."

"Dude, you have the suit, right?" Ned asks Peter as the three friends walk up to the house.

Peter pulls up his shirt sleeve to show Ned his Spider-Man suit that was hiding underneath it. "Yeah."

"I still don't think it's a good idea." Maddi says.

"I'm not going to reveal my identity, don't worry. I got this." Peter says.

"This is gonna change our lives." Ned says. They open the front door and enter the crowded house party. The three look around the house anxiously and spot Flash at the DJ station.

"Okay. So here's what you're gonna do. You're going to swing in, I'll act surprised, we say that we know each other and you're going to swing out." Maddi says.

"Oh, and I get a fist bump or one of those half bro-hugs." Ned says.

"Can't believe you're at this lame party." The three friends hear Michelle say. She was fixing herself a piece of toast.

"But you're here too." Maddi says.

"Am I?" Michelle asks. She takes a bite out of her toast and walks away.

"Hey, guys. Cool hat, Ned." Liz says as she approaches Peter, Maddi, and Ned. Peter's eyes go wide when he sees her.

"Hi, Liz." Ned and Maddi say at the same time.