Chapter 8- A Boatload of Trouble

The incident in D

The incident in D.C. made national news. Everyone at school couldn't stop talking about it. Maddi and the students gave their testimonies about what had happened when the news reporters showed up. Peter was all smiles when the students kept talking about Spider-Man and what he did but because of what happened, Peter got detention for ditching the Academic Decathlon. Later that day, after coming home from detention, Peter was able to find the location of the Vulture guy and his men at the Staten Island Ferry.

Maddi was able to convince Peter to let her go with him even though he wasn't thrilled with the idea. She promised she would stay out of the way and keep a safe distance while on the boat. Peter and Maddi were both aboard the ferry. As Maddi held tightly onto Peter, they climbed up to the roof of the ferry and watched as four men gathered around outside. Peter sends out his spider drone to scan a white pickup truck that was on the ship.

"Oh, this is too perfect." Peter says.

"What do you see?" Maddi asked.

"They've got the weapons, buyers, and sellers all in one place." Peter says. Then Peter shakes his head when his suit was letting him know that he was getting an incoming call from Tony Stark.

"No, no, no." Peter tries to say.

"What is it?" Maddi asks.

"Mr. Stark is calling me." Peter says. "Don't answer." He tries to tell his suit, but the suit connects his call and Tony's face appears on the screen inside his mask.

"Mr. Parker. Got a sec?" Tony asks.

"Uh, I'm actually at school." Peter says.

"No, you're n..." Maddi is cut off when Peter covers her mouth.

"Nice work in D.C." Tony says. "My dad never really gave me a lot of support and I'm trying to break the cycle of shame."

"Uh, I'm kind of in the middle of something right now." Peter says.

"Don't cut me off when I'm complimenting you." Tony says. "Anyway, great things are about to..." Tony is cut off when the ferry's horn blares in the background. "What is that?" He asks.

"Uh, I'm at band practice." Peter says.

"That's odd. Happy told me you quit band six weeks ago. What's up?" Tony asks.

"I gotta go. Uh, end call." Peter says.

"Hey..." Tony says just as the call had ended.

"What did Mr. Stark say?" Maddi asked.

"He said that I did a good job in D.C. but he probably thinks I'm up to something after hanging up on him and if he finds out what I'm doing, he's going to be pissed." Peter says.

"What are we going to do?" Maddi asks.

"You're going to stay up here while I take out these guys and I'll deal with Mr. Stark later." Peter says. He looks down at one of the men who was holding out a pair of keys. "I'll take those!" He snatched the keys with his web and he leaps down onto the deck.