I'll Never Let Go

April 15th, 1912- 2:39am

Come Josephine in my flying machine
Going up all on, goodbye.

I muttered the last lyrics of the lullaby when I heard the noise of sloshing water. One lifeboat had come to rescue survivors. "J... Jack- there's a boat. For us." I mumbled. No reply. "Jack?" I shook his icy hand, but he didn't open his eyes. "J- Jack... please..." I begged- I needed him to wake up. He didn't move. I came to a horrifying realization- Jack wasn't alive. Jack wasn't... alive. I began to cry. This amazing man I had come to know and love- in only 4 days- had left in the blink of an eye. All my life I had grown up chasing true love and the wonder of it, and now I only dreaded it. In that very moment I had to make a hard decision; either I could stay with Jack or chase the lifeboat that would save my life. I slowly released my grip from Jack's hand.

"I'll never let go."

Jack's lifeless body began to sink to the bottom of the ocean. All I wanted to do was die, but I knew I had to survive. For him. The lifeboat started to row away, but I took a deep breath and yelled as loud as I could.

April 15th, 1912- 7:36am

I woke up to the rising Sun. Was it all a dream? That's what I thought until I sat up on a different ship. A plaid blanket was wrapped around me in efforts of keeping me warm, however, it wasn't working. I was cold and disoriented, but I made out a young voice.

"Y/n! Y/n!" She cried desperately.

This voice was Delaney. I had forgotten all about her amidst the sinking.

"De- Delaney..." I mumbled.

"Y/n! You're here!" She tried to run to me, but fell only two feet away. She crawled the rest of the way. I could never imagine the trauma bestowed upon her.

"Delaney..."

"Where's Jack?"

My eyes began to tear up for what felt like the thousandth time. I bowed my head in sorrow. I guess Delaney got the idea, because she pulled me into a long hug.

"Y/n, mother's waiting for you. We think father is..." She stopped mid sentence. "Just please come with. She's terribly worried."

I tried to get up. My legs were shaking. I stumbled over to my mother and she pulled me in.

"Y/n! You're alive! My baby!" The three of us started to cry. I fell back asleep in my mother's arms.

I didn't know what I was supposed to do from now on. The R.M.S. Carpathia was taking all the survivors to New York City, where I assumed my broken family and I would go back to our Midwest home. I felt like I wouldn't be able to love again after I lost Jack. 

Right as I woke up near New York I truly realized how import this event was. I could see thousands of reporters recording the arriving ship. I took a deep breath and tried my best to brace myself for my future.

________________________

Author's Note:

Thank you so much for reading my book! Obviously it was different from the movie, but I'd decided to mix things up a little. 

Currently I'm also working on "Belle's Diary," a retelling of the timeless classic written how I think Princess Belle would write. If you would be interested in checking that out too, it would mean the world!

Thanks again for your support. I'm generally new to this movie but fell in love the second I finished it, sadness and all :'). I'm definitely thinking about writing more, so ideas would be very appreciated!

-Alyreadslol