Going Up All On, Goodbye.

April 15th, 1912- 2:20am

Jack wrapped his arms around me as the part we were on began to sink under water. The haunting screams, along with the people falling down the deck, were hard to ignore. I felt my stomach in a knot. The ship tilted even more- it was now at a 90' angle. We held on as tight as we could. As the last few yards of the ship plunged under the water, Jack told me exactly what to do.

"When I say take a deep breath, do it. The suction will try to take us underwater, but we have to keep kicking. Do you understand"

I couldn't do anything but nod my head. 

"Ok. 3... 2... 1... now!"

I sucked in as much air as my lungs could hold. The freezing water engulfed my whole body. Earlier, it felt like pins- now, it felt like knives. I had to let go of Jack's hand while I was desperately kicking my legs. When I got to the top, I found myself lost in a sea of hundreds of other freezing people.

"Jack! Where are you?!"

After many seconds of hard listening, Jack came out of the water.

"Y/n! Y/n!"

Jack and I reunited, contemplating what to do. After looking around, Jack swam and led me to a nearby fraction of a door. We both tried to get on, but it would sink with both of us on it.

"Y/n- get on."

"B- but- what about you?"

"I'll be ok, but I can't lose you."

I mustered up all my body strength left to climb onto the door. Jack floated next to me. The lifeboats were hundreds of feet away, ignoring the people begging for help. I hated the 1st class passengers. The wind picked up and our hair started to freeze. The suction from the ship created large waves that crashed over the many people in the water. The waves were filled with little chunks of ice that had been floating along with the ship. I got a flashback to my dream.

Minutes had passed by since we started swimming. I was getting colder by the second, even while holding Jack's hand. I turned to him.

"J- Jack, I'm scared."

"It's ok, y/n. We're going to survive. Try to sing to calm yourself down.

Oh, say, let us fly girl
Where dear? To the sky girl
Oh you flying machine
Jump in, Miss Josephine
Come Josephine in my flying machine
Going up all on, goodbye

Jack sang with me until I was calm. Come, Josephine in My Flying Machine was a lullaby I had known for years.

Another few minutes passed before Jack tried to talk.

"Y/n... I remember what I w- was going to t- tell you on the second d- day." He stuttered.

"What, Jack?"

"I w- was gonna say: I- I have been with m- many g- girls before, but n- none like you. No one compares."

"Jack... I love you."

"I love you t- too, y/n." Jack was struggling to speak.

"Will you be ok?"

"If I'm n- not, don't worry about m- me. Go on with l- life. Find someone else and have ch-ildren a- as beautiful as you."

"I can't leave you, Jack!" I cried.

"Never l- let go... p- please."

"I won't, I promise Jack. I promise."

We shared one last kiss,

I turned back around, still holding Jack's hand. I closed my eyes. All I wanted to do was go to sleep. Sleep.

Many more minutes passed. W