Shaolin Monks

(Kung Lao and Liu Kang make their way to a corridor in the tower. No one is present)

Kung Lao: I hope your girlfriend is worth Lord Raiden's anger, Liu Kang.

Liu Kang: Notice that I am ignoring you.

(They look around the Tower, but still find no one)

Kung Lao: Hmm... Did Jade specify where in the tower Kitana is located?

(Just then, Sheeva opens the door to the Tower on one side. On the other side, a ninja who looks like a dark wraith opens them on the other side)

Noob Saibot: We knew someone would come for her.

(Liu Kang and Kung Lao nod to each other. While Kang begins fighting with Sheeva, Kung Lao faces down Noob Saibot)

Noob Saibot: May you join her in death!

(They fight. The wraith is unlike anything Kung Lao has faced before, with his ability to conjure both dark magic and shadow clones of himself to fight with. Nonetheless, Kung Lao's fighting ability and mastery of the Shaolin arts sees him through the fight, and eventually he leaves the wraith down on the floor)

Kung Lao: Be thankful I choose not to spill your tainted blood.

(As Noob struggles to remain conscious, Kung Lao notices something about him)

Kung Lao: Who are you? There is something familiar...

(Behind him, Lao notices Liu Kang is still fighting Sheeva)

Kung Lao: Do you need help? Four arms against two is hardly a fair fight.

Goro: Liu Kang?!

(Kung Lao turns around to see Goro. The Shokan roars and gets into a fighting stance)

Kung Lao: You have had your match against Liu Kang. Now you will face me!

(They fight. Goro proves just as much of a challenge to Kung Lao as he was to Liu Kang, but the Shokan's overconfidence allows Kung Lao an edge that Liu Kang didn't have. After a fierce battle, the Shaolin monk eventually defeats the former champion of Mortal Kombat)

Kung Lao: Now, if you have any bit of honor left... you will tell us where Kitana is!

(By now, Liu Kang has defeated Sheeva and is also standing over Goro. Liu Kang lights a fire in his hand)

Goro: The chamber on the left. Go there.

Liu Kang: Thank you.

(He stomps on Goro's face, knocking him out)

Kung Lao: Let us go.