Soul Chamber and The Coliseum

(The scene cuts away to the soul chamber. Subzero is busy practicing his freezing ability on an outworld guard)

Subzero: A pity you could not have cooperated.

(As he finishes, a yellow cyborg deativiates his stealth camouflage and approaches him)

Cyrax: You have disobeyed the directive to remain at the Lin Kuei temple.

Subzero: Cyrax?

Cyrax: I am Lin Kuei unit LK-4D4. You will return with us to begin your transformation.

Subzero: I am truly sorry for what they did to you.

(They fight. Although unprepared for an attack from a cyborg, subzeros control over ice and his fighting skill allow him to take it to cyrax. After a brutal fight, subzero emerges victorious)

Subzero: I will face the Lin Kuei when I am finished.

(Defeated, cyrax teleports away, just as Sonya and Jax enter the chamber)

Sonya: the readings were getting stronger and now they're just gone.

(They pause as they spot the ninja)

Sonya: Subzero? But.. you're dead

Subzero: I am not the Subzero you speak of, he was my brother.

Sonya: Your.. Brother?

Subzero: I am only here to learn of his fate

(Sonya and Jax look at each other for a few moments before speaking up again)

Sonya: He was killed by some guy named Scorpion.

(Subzero is silent in shock at hearing the name)

Subzero: But Hasashi is-.. where- where can I find him?

Sonya: Try the colosseum. A new tournament-

(Before she can continue, a strong vibration emanates from the soul chamber. A wave of souls float out and around the area)

Ermac: you have disturbed our regeneration process.

(The red garbed ninja appears in front of them)

Jax: Oh I got this one.

(He strides over to Ermac and grabs him by the throat)

Jax: Gotcha!

(He tries to throw a punch but Ermac stops it by raising his glowing telekinetic hand. He then uses the other glowing hand to telekinetically remove Jax's choke hold. Jax is unable to stop his arms from being moved to his side. Jax's arms then start to vibrate. Green energy envelopes his arms. Jax begins screaming in terror and pain. Ermac then brutally explodes jax's arms into bloody pieces and shoves him to the ground)

Sonya: Jax!

(Acting quickly, Sonya cauterizes the bloody stumps with her wave energy blasts)

Sonya: Stay with me Jax!

(With Jax writhing on the ground and Sonya tending to him, Ermac faces down subzero)

Ermac: We will break you as well.

Subzero: I will break you first.

(They fight. Ermac's telekinesis finds an equal match in Subzero's freezing process, resulting in a brutal display of magic and sorcery. But in the end, Subzero prevails against Shao Kahn's enforcer)

Subzero: I remain whole, for now.

(By now, Jax has fallen unconscious from the blood loss and pain)

Sonya: Sonya Blade to Command. Sonya Blade to Command. Do you read? Sonya Blade to Command. Do you read?