To know the truth

(Back in the Wastelands, Kitana and Jade are conversing)

Kitana: Is this how you show your loyalty, Jade?

Jade: Kitana-

Kitana: You follow me when I clearly wish to be alone, then you upbraid me? I will not be scolded like a child!

Jade: You need to be careful. I have never seen your father this angry with you.

(Kitana dismisses this advice and begins to walk away)

Jade: You are a princess. He expects more from you than this.

Kitana: I know what he expects!

Jade: We will talk later. When you are in more of a mind to listen.

(She walks off, leaving Kitana alone. At the sound of a lightning flash, she turns around to face Raiden, Johnny Cage and Subzero)

Raiden: Princess Kitana. I request an audience.

Kitana: Earthrealmers! You dare approach me after taking my sister from me!

Johnny: Hey listen, honey, we don't wanna fight, we don't even know what happened-

Kitana: You will learn respect!

Johnny: Ah shit.

(They fight. Both Johnny Cage and Subzero find out the hard way that this was the wrong time to approach Kitana. Subzero, refusing to use his ice to avoid hurting her, was caught off guard by her furious assault, they were both soon lying on the ground in front of her)

Kitana: Shao Kahn wants death to follow kombat. I will give it to him.

Raiden: Perhaps Liu Kang was wrong about you. Or perhaps he sensed, as I do, that there is conflict within you.

(Subzero helps Johnny back to his feet)

Raiden: Something whispers to you that circumstances should be different. That you should be different. You are much more like Sindel than Shao Kahn.

(Kitana is silent for a second before speaking up again)

Kitana: Don't bring my mother into-

Raiden: You need answers, Kitana. I can help you find them, if you will trust in me. Go to Shang Tsung's Flesh Pits. Much will be revealed there.

Kitana: The Flesh Pits? But I am forbidden to-

Raiden: Yes. You are. And why is that?

Kitana: I... don't know. Tell me

Raiden: I know many things, Kitana. But you must discover your true path. Alone.

(He walks off and teleports away)