Green gem of loyalty

(In the Armory, Baraka and another Tarkatan are inspecting a crate of shotguns)

Baraka: That is all of them.

(Baraka puts his shotgun in the crate. The other Tarkatan, fiddling with a shotgun of his own, points the barrel directly in Baraka's face. Angrily, Baraka swipes the gun from him)

Baraka: That is no toy! It belongs to Shang Tsung! We are finished. Return to your post.

(The Tarkatan walks off. Baraka places the shotgun in the crate and turns to spot Jade walking toward him)

Jade: Stand aside. I will see Kitana.

Baraka: No one enters the Tower.

Jade: You are an excellent guard dog, Baraka. But you must learn to heel.

Baraka: I do not take orders from you.

(They fight. While a vicious fighter, Baraka is unprepared to deal with Jade's agility and her reach with her staff. After an intense battle, Jade soon has the Tarkatan down on the ground)

Jade: Good boy.

(Baraka groans as Jade walks over to him)

Baraka: Edenians have no loyalty.

Jade: Blind loyalty is not a good thing, as I have learned. You must keep your eyes open to anticipate the finishing blow.

Baraka: What are you talki-

(Jade interrupts him by stamping on his face, knocking him out)

Jade: You make it too easy.

(She walks off. In the Tower, Kitana is magically bound to a statue with Sheeva standing over her as jailer)

Kitana: Jade! Get out of here!

(Sheeva turns to face the newcomer)

Sheeva: My orders are clear. No one is allowed in the Tower.

Jade: As you can see, I am here.

Sheeva: Here to help the princess escape! You would deny her execution? The only means of regaining her honor?

Jade: We have very different concepts of honor, Shokan.

(They fight. Sheeva was more of a struggle to fight than what Jade had thought, Sheeva beats Jade pretty severely but the green female ninja manages to keep a relatively equal footing in the fight. However by the end, Jade laid in the floor)

(As Sheeva prepared to make a final blow, Kitana struggled with her restraints. Before Sheeva was able to finish the fight, Kitana was able to free herself. She jumps on Sheevas back to by Jade some time)

Kitana: Run , Jade!

Jade: Not without you!

Kitana: You must go!

(Sheeva throws Kitana off her back, Kitana rolls and sticks the landing)

Kitana: Run!

(Before she can continue, she hears a sound from behind the door to the Tower)

Baraka: Stop her!

(Kitana begins to fight Sheeva)

Kitana: Go! Find Raiden. Ask for his help!

(With no choice, Jade does as Kitana asks. The scene cuts to the Wastelands. Jade has just finished running from several unseen assailants)

(Raiden teleports into the wastelands with Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage and Subzero)

(Raiden approaches Jade)

Jade: Lord Raiden. I come at the request of Kitana. She has been arrested by the Outworld Guard. If we do not save her, she will be executed. Kitana does not have much time!

(At the mention of execution, the guys walk forward to join the conversation)

Liu Kang: Kitana... executed? Where is she?

Jade: Held captive in the Tower of Shao Kahn's fortress.

Liu Kang: I will rescue her.

Raiden: I am not pleased with this outcome either, Liu Kang. But there is no time. We must return to the tournament.

Liu Kang: But-

Kung Lao: Lord Raiden, we can free her as others fight in our stead, and join you thereafter.

Raiden(reluctantly): Very well.

(Liu Kang and Kung Lao nod to each other. They walk off to find Kitana)

Kung Lao: We will meet you at the Coliseum.