Episode-66

Author's pov:

The alarm rang warning everyone that it was 4am. Everyone in the house started to get ready. Before the men wake up,the women woke up and got ready. They soon left to Seema's room after waking their husband. Yashmi was ready in a beautiful red saree (Cover photo) with jewels. She went to Seema's room with Geeta and the other ladies. Everyone started helping Seema to get ready. The makeup artist and the hair stylist arrived. Everyone were pacing here and there as Seema was get ready.

Shiva got ready in a red kurta matching with his wife. He got his baby ready too. It was soon 6. All left the house to the mandap. Geeta, Yashmi, Seema, Karthik, Megha and her baby in one car. In the other, Shiva and his baby, Raghu, Piya, Govind and Saroja. The rest of the relatives came in another car. They reached the mandap. The ladies took Seema to the bride's room. The other men were looking around the decorations and was waiting for the groom's family to come.

The makeup artist was giving the final touch-up to Seema when Piya came in saying that Vetri and his family has arrived. It was 7 as the pandit arrived. The guest also started to come. Everything was set!The pandit was sitting on the stage infront of the Agni chanting mantras. He asked the groom to come. Vetri came with his male friends and cousins with garland over his neck. He was in a white dhoti and shirt. He sat on his place and continued doing the ritual. In sometime,the pandit asked Seema to come. She was coming looking flawlessly beautiful in the peacock green pattu saree. Yashmi, Piya, Megha and Raveena were accompanying her. They made her to sit beside Vetri. She blushingly sat beside him. Vetri was blown away by her beauty. The rituals continued and the pandit asked the couple to exchange garlands. The photos were taken by the photographer. They did it and the pandit gave the plate which had the nuptial thread to Yashmi. She went to the guests and offered them the flowers.

She finally reached her husband and showed him the plate. He was just staring at her. She eyed him the plate to which he held her hand which was holding the plate.

Yashmi: Kaiya vidra!!!(Whispering angrily)

Shiva: Mudiyadhu!!!

Yashmi sighed. Shiva smirked at her and said:

Shiva: Evlo azhaga iruka theriyuma?

Yashmi: Theriyadhu,ippo vidu.....

Shiva left her hand smiling and took some flowers. Yashmi smiled at him and asked:

Yashmi: Paapa enga?

Shiva: Raghu kitta iruka....Anga paaru....

Yashmi looked at the direction where he was pointing. She caught her daughter in Raghu's hands. He was making funny faces at the baby. Yashmi chuckled looking at him while Shiva stared at his wife's face. Geeta called her to which she jerked and went to the pandit. The pandit slowly took the nuptial chain and handed it to Vetri before saying:

Pandit: Ketti melam katti melam!!!

The drums were played faster and Vetri took the nuptial thread to Seema's neck and tied two knots. Everyone threw the flowers blessing them. Govind was letting tears as his daughter was finally a married woman now. Geeta smiled contently with tears and Shiva smiled widely looking at his baby sister. Both were asked to get up. They held eachother's pinky finger and took 7 rounds around the Agni. Ms.Seema Govind was finally Mrs.Seema Vetri Ramachandran.