009.

✎ . ﹝ 00.⥄  NINE 。。。 𖤐˚. ⬧
█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌

╚

MIN SI HANDED SEOK HOON one of the extra water bottles she had packed and sat next to him on the couch.

"I know that was a bit... painful." She played with the bottle cap in her lap. "But at least you learned something new."

Seok Hoon took a drink of water, and shifted. In a bitter tone he returned, "Still... a warning would've been nice."

When he saw her face almost switch from confident to unsure, he opened his mouth to backtrack.

He wasn't exactly hating this. He was just confused.

Before he had the chance to say anything though, Min Si was already pulling him back up to a stand. "Now, we'll go over other simple ones. Since you already saw what happened when you hit a pressure point, we don't need to... do it again."

He shook his head. "Thank goodness."

She stepped closer and it was as if all the air was leaving his lungs again. He wasn't even sure why. He just felt like he couldn't breathe around her, especially after... that.

To make matters worse, she was staring at him right in the eyes as her hand touched his nose.

Immediately he jerked away, not really sure what else to do.

She smiled a light smile. A welcoming smile to show it was okay. But Seok Hoon couldn't stand it.

He wasn't used to it. It was too close.

"Just— give me a minute. I'm fine."

She held her hands up defensively, and stepped back. "I believe you."

He saw the way she bit the inside of her cheek to keep herself from smiling. Like this was all really funny to her.

He grabbed his water bottle from the floor and shook his head. "You know, you're such a smartass sometimes."

She sat back against the couch and crossed her arms, tilting her chin up. "Yah. You're one to talk."

They looked at each other for a long time again, Min Si not backing down. Finally, he broke whatever mini staring contest they were having and shook his head again. "Min Si..." he started in a calm yet serious voice, "... what are we doing here?" As an afterthought, he added, "And don't say you're 'helping me' this time."

She squinted her eyes, studying his face for... something. Then, for once, she caved, staying on her spot on the couch.

She sighed. "When... I got home after my first fight, I... ran to my dad." She began, still maintaining eye contact. "I was crying because I had lost, I told him all that happened. I told him I got punched in the mouth by a boy who was upset at me for... something." She paused and glanced around, as if she were checking to see if others were here. "And you want to know what he said to me? My dad?" Seok Hoon silently waited, listening intently. "He said, She cleared her throat as if she was preparing an accent for him, "'Min Hyuk would've won if it was him.'"