008.

✎ . ﹝ 00.⥄  EIGHT 。。。 𖤐˚. ⬧
█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌

╚

"BREATHE, EUN BYEOL. PLEASE JUST BREATHE." Min Si spoke in a gentle voice, smoothing out her friend's hair.

They were sitting at auditions for entry into Cheong A Arts High School. This was it. The day both Min Si and Min Hyuk had been practicing for. All their time and effort into this.

"I can't! Mom she— she wants me to— I can't. I—" She was hyperventilating again. Min Si saw other contestants looking at her with humorous expressions, which Min Si shot back with sharp glares.

"Min Hyuk, will you please go get her some water instead of just sitting there?" She snapped over her shoulder.

When her brother reluctantly got up and left, she inhaled and faced Eun Byeol again. "Now, do you want to talk about what happened?"

Eun Byeol inhaled sharply, trying to control her breath as much as possible. When she calmed down enough to start talking, her voice was shaky. "I... I panicked when I was on stage. Everything felt dizzy and— and then." More tears escaped her eyes. "And then I left! I— I ran away and— now I'm here!"

"Hey— hey, it's okay. It's okay." Min Si said in a gentle voice, pulling her into a hug.

Eun Byeol continued as Min Si rubbed her back. "And— I was listening to this girl. This girl and her mom— they were— they broke into Mom's office, and were threatening— Mom was trying to help me. But they sounded really good in the hallway just now and—" Her sobs were growing louder. "And she sounds better than me!"

Min Si pulled back. "Wait— a girl was threatening your mom?!"

"Her mom was threatening my mom!" She cried.

"And... they're both here?!"

"Yes." She breathed.

Min Si sat back. Someone was threatening Mrs. Cheon? But... why? She put a hand through her hair. Is the singing world really that competitive?

"Who?"

"This... girl. Ro Na I think and her— her mom was there too."

Min Si wasn't familiar with the name, she assumed they were one of the many applicants wanting lessons from Mrs. Cheon, but still... a physical threat?

When Min Hyuk came back holding a plastic cup filled with water, Min Si's gaze flew towards his. "What time is it?"

"Uh... 10:30 am."

"Shit—" She cleared her throat and grabbed Min Hyuk and the water. "Talk to her." she begged. "Please?"

She saw him start to protest with his eyes but she didn't have time to argue.