Chapter 1: First Bloom

"That's not supposed to happen!" Shouted the winter king

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked

"No, old winter here is just mad that you out-seasoned his boy." The Autumn King, Leif, said.

"Out-seasoned?"

"Yes, his son Jack only made a frost. He couldn't even make it snow!"

"No, he was just excersizing his control!" Shouted the Winter King

"Whatever you say, but anyways, that was amazing. Just, next time, not so much. This tree could die because there is still winter around it."

I looked at the tree, and it almost looked like it was shivering. The Winter Prince was touching it.

"Stop! You'll hurt the tree!" I said, though I don't know how I knew.

"No, I'm freezing the buds so that the buds can thaw when you are finished making spring."

"I don't care! Just stay away from my trees!"

Around me, I felt a soft wind. When I looked around, everyone lookd a little scared, and they were all looking around me.

"What?!" I asked

"Umm, Queen Vera, I believe you should instruct this princess."

"Why must I be saddled with this child?" The Summer Queen Vera said

"Because you will be her mother now, considering hers just died."

"Fine, but I require a week to teach. She will not go to school without being instructed properly."

"So be it." King Leif said

Queen Vera walked over to me, grabbed my hand and whirled us into the air in a warm gust of summer wind.