Chapter 10: The Darkness Stirs

I was running. I couldn't get away. No matter how fast I ran, I knew it wouldn't be fast enough.

"Come here, little girl. I want you as my queen of the darkness. You will be a fine ruler, able to do the opposite of what your season requires. Able to complete my dark realm." His voice was all around me. I couldn't run from it. Something cold grabbed my arm. It was an arm of darkness, swirling around my arm and grabbing hold of it. Another grabbed my arm and then both of my legs.

"You knew you couldn't keep running. I would have found you soon enough. After all, we are mated." His evil cackling filled the air. I was frightened out of my wits. And when we touched, what I thought would make me happy, it scared me. He said we were mated, yet I knew it not to be true. I could not feel like this if this person was my mate.

"You aren't my mate." I looked him straight in the eye.

And woke up.

I was drenched in sweat, and truly frightened. I looked at my clock. It said 2:43. I could not wake up this early. I was too scared to stay in my room, because it was filled with the coldness that comes with winter. I rushed to Summer's room.

"Summer?" I whispered

"Five more minutes..." She said. I walked over to her and shook her shoulder.

"It's me Summer. It's Lillie."

"Oh? Lillie...Why are you here?" she said. It really came out like "Oh, Lillie whyuheeerree?"

"I'm scared to be in my room alone. Can I sleep in here for awhile?"

"Sure."

I lied down on the floor with a blanket I brought from my room, and fell into a dreamless sleep. I woke up to my stomach being squished by something.

"Ow." I said. Summer was stepping on me.

"Oh! Sorry, I didn't remember you were here."

"Will you please come back to the room with me?"

"Of course, I know how that feels. Let me go with you."

We walked over to my room. I opened the door and a rush of cold air greeted me.

"Dear goodness, it's freezing in here!" Summer exclaimed

"Yeah, I guess I'll get dressed quickly."

"Oh, no no no. I'll help." She focused her hands together into a triangle shape, and pushed out. A hot air went into my room and warmed it immediatly.

"Thank you."

I went inside and started going into my walk-in closet.

"Hey pretty gal." Said a male voice behind me

"Gah!" I said. I turned around, and found Jesse standing in my room

"Jesse? What are you doing here?" I asked him

"I just wanted to visit you. I was...um...well..." He looked slightly sheepish at this thought, "I what watching you sleep last night."

"WHAT?" I asked

"You just look so peaceful when you sleep. That one night when I almost kissed you I came back but you were already asleep and you looked so peaceful that I watched you until I realized what I was doing. I came last night, and you didn't look so peaceful. I thought that since you were sweating and stuff that I would just send a slight chill in the room so that way you would cool down and maybe, go back to your dreams."

"Um... okay. Well the chill didn't help."

"Why? What happened?"

"Why would I tell you?"

I smile/ smirk thingy played on his lip. He was entertained by this thought. "Maybe because I'm your soulmate?"

He sounded just like the creepy guy from my nightmare. Great, he's the man of my dreams...or nightmares.

"No. You're not."

"Oh really? Then why do I have this effect on you?" He touched my cheek and it sent a shiver inside of me, like electricity buzzing in my cheek.

"Ya, that's what I thought." He said.

"Can you get out so I can get ready to go to school?"

"Okay," He left through the window. Great. Now I have a stalking soulmate, a fiance, and a mortal boy falling for me. What am I going to do? I put on a somewhat normal outfit with mismatching arm warmers. I walked down the stairs.

"Hey Summer."

"Let's go to school. Thank goodness it's Friday." I had no idea what that meant, but went to school anyway. School was very uneventful that day. The only slightly interesting part was lunch when all three of those handsome boys were staring at me, and I couldn't decide who to sit by so I just went to the library. When Summer and I got home Vera was standing in a destroyed kitchen.

"What happened?" We asked

"We were attacked by the dark forces."

"What?" Summer asked, and we explained it to her.

"What happens now?" She asked

"We need to leave. Pack your bags, girls, we are moving."

"NO! I mean, no, couldn't we just put a shield around the house?" I said

"Well, that would solve the issue..." Vera said

"Okay, let's all do this." We walked out into the garden and focused our energy on the house. It made a shield, which was good because that's what we were trying to do.

"I guess we're safe for now, but no going out without another Seasonal with you."

"Yes, Vera."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I no this might have been boring, but it was important i swear! So, 20 views before i post again....

Toast!

April-13