Chapter 9: Not a date/ My mother's love life

When I got home that day, Vera was waiting for me at the table.

"Go get the brush from upstairs. I want to tell you something."

I retrieved the brush and sat in front of the fire with Vera. We faced the fire.

"I want to tell you about your mother." She said, starting to brush my hair. "She was like an older sister to me. You remind me very much of her, which worries me. When I had my one training week, she was the one who trained me. She told me that I was putting my soul into the environment and that I must be the nicest person with the warmest heart of all the Seasonals because my soul has to warm the environment. When I finished the summer, she was very proud of me. Thousands of years went by, and she became distracted. She couldn't even join me for a drink anymore. She was always going out on some mysterious date. One day she came home, and she was old and gray. A halo glowed above her hair showing that a new spring Seasonal would soon be coming. And the halo was very bright, showing that the seasonal born would be one of the most powerful ones in centuries. You see, when we Seasonals mate, we simply have to fall completely in love with someone. Then, BOOM! We're pregnant. And she had fallen in love with a human. I'm telling you this because I don't want you to make the same mistake."

"But Vera, I don't know what you mean."

"Just quit with the mortal boy."

"Yes Vera." I got up.

"Where are you going?"

"To the mall with Jessa and Shaye. Have to keep up appearences, you know."

"Fine, but be home soon."

"Yes, ma'am."

I went upstairs and put on a loose Mickey Mouse tank top with a tight white one underneath. I put on a cropped denim jacket and dark skinny jeans. I put on some black ankle boot heels and put my hair into a sexy wavy ponytail. I couldn't help that it was sexy or that my makeup suddenly turned into smokey eye, I just couldn't help it. I transported myself to the front of Panera and walked in like a normal human. I looked around and found Boy with two breadbowl chicken noodle soups.

"Hey there, Boy."

"What up, Tessa?"

"It's Lillie, remember?"

"Oh ya, sorry. So you wanted to talk?"

"Ya, umm... it would be best if we didn't talk around so many humans. They just.... might freak out is all."

"Again you say humans like you aren't one. What's with that?"

"Maybe I'm not human. Did you ever think about that?"

"Well don't tell me that you are a vampire, because I won't be your friend anymore."

"Um. I have no idea what that is. But will you just come to the park with me?"

"Sure."

We walked to the park and started the trail.

"So what is up with you? You have no idea what a vampire is, you act strangely when I ask you about the weather, and you act unlike any person I've known."

"That's because I'm not a person. I'm a Seasonal."

"That's just your last name. It doesn't mean anything."

"Boy, I can live up to 1,100 years-ish, and other do amazing things. I am Princess of spring, and I'm what's been causing the extreme warms of this place. I don't know what vampire are because I'm barely a month old. My mother died, so I have to become Queen of spring and marry Spencer so I can live past my Season. Only queens live longer than a few months. Or their seasons die."

"Ya right. How am I supposed to believe that?"

We walked into a secluded area of the park. The trees formed a dark ring around us, and very little sunlight filtered through the trees.

"Let me show you." I touched the ground. I let a stem follow my finger, twisting and turning in a dance without music. Atop, I placed a beautiful flower that no human had seen before. It was a vibrant pink with purple and yellow swirls bleeding onto the delicate sharp-edged petals.

"What is that?" Boy asked me.

"I don't know. I just invented it. Do you want to help me name it?"

"Ya, how about the Jacen Lily?"

"Why?"

"Well my name is Jace, and you are Lillie. So, 'Jace-N-Lillie'"

"Wow, okay. So you believe me?"

"So, you really are getting married soon?"

"Ya." I didn't see why this was such a big deal to him

"Well, I just wish that it wasn't to that jerk, Spencer." We were slowly edging toward each other.

"Ya, me too." I said softly.

"The view is amazing from here." He said.

"Ya, it's perfect. With the light filtering through the dark trees."

"I wasn't talking about the forest." He leaned in closer. Our eyes met, and we leaned our faces even further. And then....

We kissed.

It's as simple as that. But the longer and more times we kissed, the Jacen Lilys would start popping up.

"Boy. Please, I have to go home."

"Back to that jerkface buttmunch?"

"Ya, but hey, we should do this more often." He smiled at this

"Ya, definitely," I started walking away.

"Hey, Lillie?"

"Yes?" I asked back to him

"Can I call you Pandora?"

"Why?"

"Because you have cast all of the darkness from me. You have left hope, like Pandora."

"I have nooooooo idea what you are talking about, but sure."

"See you, Pandora."

"Bye, Boy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, sorry I havn't uploaded in forever, but please count yourselves lucky. I'm supposed to be doing my report due in 2 days that i havn't even started yet cuz im writing this!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL! i think....

Can i get 20 reads before I upload again? WHY, YES! OF COURSE i CAN!

See ya

April-13