The Sonic Boom

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

The psychiatrist talk with his own self, did a number on Sonic. Even made Movie Night seem, less enlightening. The thought of being alone forever irked Sonic with an everlasting seal of sorrow, even though he'd have these so-called friends, the loneliness still creeped up inside of him.

Sometimes, he wondered what things would've been like, if [Name] wasn't out to get him all the time, 24/7. Maybe, they'd be friends and either wouldn't feel so lonely. [Name] was lonely, and he was lonely too. The two had that in common, at least, but [Name] couldn't find it in themselves to even go up and have a lively conversation with the blue mobian.

The [Colour] mobian may have had Spike with them, and their excruciating mind on new things to make in the makings of trying to capture Sonic. But, it was going within a loophole of aggravating emotions and it had been that way for the past 10 years. It could possibly be from the fact that [Name] never even got to have a lifetime of training or it could be the fact that both of these mobians' childhoods were practically torn away from them, because of a simple-minded mistake.

 Those could be the only thoughts that spiralled in both of their heads, it seemed like, this time loop of despair and loneliness was destined for them. Maybe, the echidnas were wrong about this being [Name's] destiny, maybe the [Animal Name's] destiny could be to be a complete sore loser, failing to get the hedgehog; every single day, for the rest of their life.

For Sonic, this could all just be in vain. The whole fantasised life of his could be getting more and more distant, he knew Tom and Maddie, even Ozzy weren't his actual family. But, Longclaw wasn't here to fill the void of loneliness, so this seemed to be his only turning option.

Misery was spelled out for these two.

...

As the fallen leaves crunched underneath Sonic's worn-out trainers, he glanced from behind a tree to see something that caused a spark of interest within him. The baseball playoffs.

His eyes dilated and sparkled with a glimmer of amazement, whipping by and hid underneath the sitting stands people were on. Peeking through the crack, he saw a kid whack a miraculous hit, gaining home-run.

It was an astonishing sight. The kid grinned brightly in pride, his braces showing and glistened in the rims of the sunlight, as he ran along the bases. The opposing team knew full well that the boy would win, as the teammates of the boy held their hands out. The winner of a boy hit each of their hands, high-fiving them all and made it to the last base.

As soon as the young boy had set foot there, he was lifted up into the air, as if he was soaring as a reward for winning. His teammates were raising him up into the air, cheering and jeering in joy. Sonic beamed up at this within curiosity and wonder, a fond smile settled onto his face from how this had captured his attention.