Chapter VI

Sorry for the mess up with chapters yesterday. The chapter posted was for Burned (Kelly Severide), this is the correct chapter now. It took a while because the first time I wrote this book, this chapter would've been when Kelly and Jasmine began dating and all that. I've now changed that so the next few chapters will most likely be written on the spot instead of old chapters being rewritten! Thank you for your patience! Chapters for Life as Harry Potter's Twin Sister coming soon on AO3!

The weather rose as the city of Chicago slipped from March into April. Having been working at Firehouse 51 for the last three weeks, Jasmine Medina was able to bond more with the firefighters in the firehouse.

She and Christopher Herrmann developed somewhat close to a familial bond. She had since met his wife and kids, all of whom really loved the woman. Herrmann constantly called the woman 'kid' and treated her as if they were truly related. He watched out for her and she constantly found herself next to him while they were on calls. He worried about her a lot and he made it obvious. Chris constantly asked if she was okay and if she needed anything and he made it a habit to invite her over for dinner at least once a week.

Jasmine and Kelly Severide were still friendly with each other but they kept it just that - friendly. They had agreed to be just friends and, so far, it had remained that way. It was obvious that they were struggling in a way to just remain friends. They didn't go out for drinks just the two of them. There were times when they found themselves sitting just down the bar from each other and one of them would move so they were side-by-side. But that time just the two of them was normally interrupted by someone that they knew coming up to talk to them or to invite them to join a larger group.

Out on calls, Severide found himself setting a hand on the small of her back to lead her somewhere but when he realized what he was doing, he would quickly remove it even if the woman didn't want him to.

But she was still standing by her decision of wanting to focus more on her candidacy than any romantic relationship. With anyone for that matter - not just Kelly Severide.

Jasmine Medina was loving working at Firehouse 51. She loved the firefighters there, she loved the job itself, she loved the environment that was set. She was excited for every shift no matter if she was exhausted or was feeling down.

Now today finds Jasmine Medina sitting in the sleeping quarters of Firehouse 51. She was leaning against her pillow on her bed, a book in her hands, and her legs extended out onto the bed, her feet crossed.

It was silent in the sleeping quarters except for the sound of her turning the pages in her book.

She was a sucker for classics and she was now reading William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet'. She'd been reading Shakespearean books since she was a kid and had easily taken up the language that he wrote in. She'd read Romeo and Juliet tons of times as a kid and had decided to pick it up again.

Jasmine had made a cup of tea and it was now sitting on her bedside table as she read along with a cheese danish that she had grabbed before she had gotten to work.

She enjoyed the silence that she found in the sleeping quarters at the beginning of the shift since everyone was either watching the news, getting a cup of coffee, or getting changed in the locker room.

"Hey, Jas," Kelly Severide greets the woman as he walks past her and towards his office.

"Hey, Sev," she answers with a smile.

"What are you reading?" he asks, turning to face her after noticing the book in her hands.

"Oh, uh - Romeo and Juliet," she answers with a smile.