Chapter IV

When Jasmine Medina woke up the morning after sleeping with Antonio Dawson, she was cuddled up to him, an arm draped over his bare chest and the other wrapped behind his neck. Her head was resting on his chest, her breathing tickling his chest.

She groaned, stretching her leg before draping it over both of his, wrapping her arms tighter around him.

"Jas," the man groaned, the hand on her waist tightening to bring her up higher on his body.

The woman smiled, dipping her head down to kiss his chest, causing him to groan, threading a hand through her hair.

Jasmine continues to kiss his chest, moving to straddle the man, sitting on his knees, her back arching, and her ass in the air.

His hands slid down her back, purely to feel her hot skin against his rough hands. His hands, though rough, felt nice against her skin. It was nice to have the warm hands of someone on him.

She began to kiss up his chest now, her teeth grazing his neck which caused him to groan, his hands going to grip her ass.

"Antonio," she moans, her hands running up his chest, her nails scratching his skin, leaving faint pink marks.

"Come here," he mumbles, pulling her up so their faces were only inches apart.

Her head dipped down, connecting their lips. It was hot, searing hot. And she loved it. The feeling of warm lips on hers, the tight embrace he had on her. It was ... it was comforting.

Just as his hands flew lower, almost to the waistline of her underwear, there was a buzzing sound from the nightstand on Antonio's side of the bed.

"Ignore it," she mumbles, kissing down his neck in hopes to distract him from the phone.

"It might be work, baby, I have to answer it," Antonio groans, sounding just as annoyed that work was ruining sex.

"Please," she whimpers into his ear. "Stay."

"Has anyone told you that you sound so fucking hot when you beg?" he asks, kissing her forehead before leaning over and grabbing his phone, pressing it to his ear. "Dawson." He pauses for a moment as there was the faint mumbling of the other person on the phone. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm on my way."

"Seriously?" she groans, falling onto the bed next to him. She hated when work ruined their time together but it also made her appreciate the time they could spend together. It wasn't just that the sex was so good, she truly enjoyed having just a conversation with the man or laying in bed in silence together.

"I'm sorry, baby, I got a lead on a case and I'm the leading detective," he explains as he stands up, sliding on his discarded clothes that littered the floor.

After he grabbed his keys, wallet, and phone, he leaned over, placing a soft kiss onto the woman's lips before heading for the door to the bedroom. "I'll see you at Molly's, okay, baby girl?"

Jasmine nods, falling back onto the bed, and hears the front door close a few moments later. She missed the feeling of his hands on her body already, his lips on hers. She could never figure out why she missed Antonio so much when he left. The bed always felt colder once he left, the apartment seemed darker - quieter.

She continued to lay in bed for a few more minutes, soaking in the warmth from the blankets before she finally slid out of bed, deciding to take a quick shower before heading to a shift at the hospital.

Medina wished that she could stay in the shower forever, it made her feel as if she wasn't completely alone. But it had been a while since Antonio showered with her. She exited the shower, changing into a simple pair of leggings, a grey tank top, and a navy blue sweater.

She never liked going all out if, most of the time, her hair was usually always stuffed in a scrub cap and she never had time to take it out. This was why she decided to toss her hair into a bun after braiding a piece of it to wind around the bun.