ix. 𝐀𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐡𝐨𝐥 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧

Skyler had been in the little shed behind her house, her mom getting it for her freshman year when she picked up her surfboard hobby

Skyler had been in the little shed behind her house, her mom getting it for her freshman year when she picked up her surfboard hobby. Skyler had decorated it with different paints, wax, and boards that needed mending. With old Christmas lights hung up, and a small radio that played a gentle song in her ears, she was in need of a little breather that night.

"Her lips are cherry bomb." Skyler mumbled to herself, singing the song under her breath. She'd been painting different shades of pink down the surf board.

"Sky." Kie peaked her head in, making her look up. "Your mom said you were back here."

"Hey." she gave her a small grin, setting the paint brush down. "I didn't know you were gonna come by."

"Me neither." Kie said honestly with a faint laugh. "Uh, what are you doing?"

"This chick finally dried in the middle." Skyler pointed to where the surf board had cracked down the middle, mended back together over the past few days. "So, now i'm working on painting."

"What are you gonna put on it?" she asked curiously, dropping her jacket on one of the beanbags.

"Ugh, I was thinking maybe some sort of flowers." Skyler looked at the surfboard oddly. "Like, maybe some Hibiscus."

"Hibiscus?" Kie rose her eyebrows, looking down at the board.

"Did you know a hibiscus flower can be used to determine the pH of a liquid?" Skyler looked up, meeting Kie's eye in questioning. "It'll turn a sort of dark pink shade if it's in an acid solution, green in a alkaline."

"I didn't know that." Kie cracked a grin, standing closer to her now. "You know all that from being a lawyers kid?"

"Not exactly." she laughed slightly. "But, that was probably the spark."

"No, no, I think it's cool. Like, in a nerdy way." she cracked a half grin. "I know a lot about turtles."

"Oh, yeah?" she hummed. "Tell me something."

"They date back to when the dinosaurs where still alive." Kie pointed out with a knowing nod. "Over 200 million years."

"They kinda look like little dinosaurs." Skyler nodded her head slightly. "There's little faces, maybe they're why they went extinct."

"Maybe." Kie shrugged, looking at all the paint again. "So, about before-"

"Yeah, i'm sorry about that." Skyler cut her off. "That was seriously irresponsible, we were pretty drunk."

"Well, I kissed you first, you don't need to apologize." she pointed out, biting the inside of her mouth. "I just- you know, there was just a moment."