viii. 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐢'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝?

"Hey

"Hey." Skyler looked to Topper as he let her into the house. "Sarah's here?"

"Yeah, I wanted to call you when she showed up." he opened the door for her more. "You doing okay?"

"Just worried about her." she said back honestly, taking her shoes off to carry in her hands. "Where is she?"

"Come on." he lead her toward the empty room. "I left her in there a few minutes ago, she said she wanted to her some sleep."

"Okay, thanks, Top." she nodded, patting his arm as she slipped into the room. Dropping her shoes by the door, Sarah looked back at the sound. "Hey, Sarah."

"Sky?" her voice broke, scooting over so she could crawl in with her. "Topper called you?"

"I wanted to check on you." she slipped her hand into hers, laying face to face. "I was gonna bring your favorite curly fries but figured I should rush over instead."

Sarah sniffled, nodding her head. "Yeah, i'm glad you're here."

"Always." she hummed, Sarah scooting in closer as the pair cuddled up in the dark guest room.

"You sure this is, like, emotionally okay for you?" Skyler asked as her and Sarah got out of Toppers car. "I know it's proven that grief is unpredictable, but if you wanna go throw some shit, i'm cool with that too."

"No, I think this'll be good for me." Sarah shook her head as she looked around. "I'll find you if I change my mind."

"Okay." Sky gave her arm a little squeezed, patting Topper on the back ad she passed them.

"Hey, looker!" A voice called out as Skyler got a solo cup, looking back as Kie left Pope to walk her way. "Love how you knew I was talking to you."

"Well, i've been told i'm quite a looker." Skyler teased in return. "You been here long?"

"Not long." she shook her head, refilling her beer. "Here, i'll do it."

Sky cracked a grin, passing the cup to Kie as she took it from her hands. "So, you been with Sarah?"

"Yeah, we're staying at Toppers." she hummed. "She'll be okay, she just needs a minute."

"John B is having, like, withdraws without her." the taller girl gave a snort. "I can't imagine loving someone that much that it feels like I can't function without them."

"Yeah, it's not logical either." Skyler spoke as Kie passed her the beer. "You know, you might not be the happiest, but the world is still waiting for you. With or without your partner, you can function and you can live without them. The world isn't gonna come to a stop."

"See, you get it." Kie tapped their drinks together. "So, you come to have a good time or get super drunk?"

"Maybe a little bit of both?" Skyler suggested with a cheeky grin. "Why? You scared i'm gonna beat your beers in a minute record?"