Chapter 10 | I Knew You Were Trouble

Evangeline and Martin

Evangeline was about your age when she met Martin. She was a model and an actress and Martin is a painter. They fell in love with each other when they were in college.

However, Evangeline's family doesn't approve of Martin because he couldn't afford the lifestyle that Evangeline was grown into. They forbid them to continue their relationship and since Evangeline is from a wealthy family, she got engaged to another rich family's child to make their business stronger.

As the rebellious person that she is, Evangeline eloped with Martin the night before she got married and they married each other instead. They move to another state which is far away from Evangeline's hometown.

Soon, their marriage resulted in a lovely little girl. After eight more years, they had an adorable baby boy. Nonetheless, as the years go by, the harder their life gets.

Martin restricted Evangeline to get a job because it was too risky. They went broke because being a mechanic is not enough to support their needs, so they began to fight a lot about it. They fought about the house bills and the children's education, this is where they started to regret their decisions.

From offensive words to offensive touches. Martin started to physically abuse his wife. Every night he arrived home, he wanted the house to be spotless and perfect. Even a single wrongness of Evangeline, he got angered by it. He was always ready to swing his hand across her face.

Evangeline couldn't see the person she fell in love with anymore. It was a monster replaced by alcohol and problems. Fortunately, Evangeline woke up from everything. She had a plan.

At the time when Martin was out at his work, Evangeline took that opportunity to flee. She packs their bags and left with her children.

They went back to the state but move further to where her family lives. Evangeline contacted the only family member she can rely on, her sister. Her sister was worried to see her after twelve years of being absent.

They catch up and her sister met her niece and nephew. She even gave Evangeline enough money to start her new life because even if she wanted to return to their mansion, she knew that she would be in trouble with coming back.

After meeting her sister, she meets her friends to know what she was going through since they are the only person she can depend on as well. They catch up and she let them know where she was going to stay.

Evangeline started a new life. She renewed her identity and she was focused on raising her children right. They got into a public school but they kept their profile low, especially her.

Things were perfect. They're living their lives normally for another three years. They had a house, a car, and a peaceful life. Evangeline got a job as a waitress and a cashier at a restaurant.

One unfaithful day, as they were going home from school, a car was parked in front of their house. When she was getting nearer to their house, she saw a man standing in front of the door while looking at his phone.

She did not stop yet she drove past their house. They go to a restaurant to call her friends over. As they arrive, Evangeline told them what happened.

They were shocked when she told them that she saw Martin in front of their house. It made them wonder how he found out their address after several years in hiding.

Evangeline had strong and negative feelings about things so she told and asked her friends to look after her children when something wrong would happen to her. She was scared and worried about her kids not about herself.