Chapter 13 | Deja Vu

Your phone rings and you open your clutch bag to get it. "Hello, Bette?" you put your mobile against your ear while putting your red lipstick on.

"(y/n)? Where are you? The event is about to start." Booming music surprises you when it comes from the other end of the line together with your best friend's voice.

You lean towards the mirror to check if your lipstick is looking great. "Yeah, yeah. I'm still in our room, we won't be late." Puckering your lips a couple of times before ending the call and putting your phone back in your black bag.

Since Bette is waiting, you didn't waste any time and you exit the bathroom. Lana is waiting for you as she's looking at herself in the vanity mirror.

She's busy tidying up her makeup and stands up once she sees your reflection in the mirror. "You look celestial." The sight you're seeing is probably the greatest view in your life. Seeing your girlfriend in a white long dress with a gold accent, she looks so heavenly. "Are you ready?"

She nods her head and you exit your room to proceed to the ballroom of the hotel. The music from the call can be heard from a distance once you're getting nearer the venue.

Your fingers are entangled with Lana's before you step in. You let your eyes wander around as you observe the design of the room, it's such a beautiful galaxy.

There are lots of people scattered around the huge room and they are chatting with one another. It seems like it's still early because the program hasn't started yet, Bette just doesn't want you to be late.

While you're sauntering around with Lana, you see your best friend with her twin sister. They are already seated near the front of the stage.

Bette is just staring at the table and she hears you marching toward her, causing her to turn her head and rise from her seat. "There you are." She hugs you carefully. "Good evening, Miss Lana." greeting Lana as well.

You pull the chair so Lana can take her seat and you sit in between your best friend and your girlfriend. "Where's your mom? I wanna greet her."

An audible sigh escapes Bette's mouth, "I'm not sure, probably chatting with her business partners. Maybe she's there at table one." Then she points to the table across the room, on the opposite side of where you are.

As your eyes are searching for the table, you see a very familiar face that you will never forget. She's chatting while standing and her eyes meet yours. A placid smile builds on Wilhemina's face and your vision shifts to her hand, it's placed over someone else's lower back. You turn your gaze away and focus your attention on your table.

How can I forget that she's friends with Mrs. Tyler?

However, you still manage to get drift away. "I told you to be early." The two boys just arrived and Bette is scolding them off.

It makes you chuckle yet you feel like the back of your head is burning, you feel that she's staring at you. You take a lungful of air so you can control the urge not to turn your head to take a glimpse.

You feel a hand holding yours below the table. "Are you well, darling?" Lana whispers and you turn your head to her instead then nodding it in agreement.

Curiosity killed the cat, curiosity gets the best of you. You're slowly turning your head to the side to see who is with her. They are sitting with their back faced on you, it sucks for you not to be able to see the person she's with.

The woman by her side is chatting with the rest of the people at the table and Wilhemina grabs her hand only to squeeze it tight. The girl got shy as her reaction, making her veer her head to face Venable and then showing a candied smile which made her do the same as her cheeks elevate.